Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 591 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 54 of 268 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 267 268
    W
    W
    Yay kids!!! I really love this thread!

I am not sure if I am in shock or if I am elated. Today I played Battle ship and Bingo with Bear (2.8). He read the Bingo chips (B-1-0 rather than B-10, but still...) and picked out the numbers and letters for Battleship. But more astonishing than that was that he was looking at a pile of crayons, pointed and said, "So big!" I looked over and written on some of the crayons was the brand name So Big!!!! I was speechless!

D
    D
    Originally Posted by Trillium
    DS3.5 (almost 4) has learned how to whistle. Some of his tunes are even recognizable. smile

Time, then, to open a box of Saltines and have some good old-fashioned, sputtering fun! whistle

Being offended is a natural consequence of leaving the house. - Fran Lebowitz
    M
    M
    DS7's obsession with building things has finally paid off in real world understanding. We were on vacation last week and we went to several historic sites with various kinds of non-motorized machines and contraptions. DS would read the plaque in front of it to see what it was and what it was used for, then he would quietly study it for a minute and then suddenly yell put "Oh, I get it!" and explain the mechanics behind whatever the thing was. I loved the shock on people's faces when they actually paid attention to what he was saying.

K
    kec Offline
    K
    I also really enjoy this thread. The children are all so creative.

My DS8 (in two days) can be quite punny. We were talking about a book he had just started and he said the king died mysteriously. I said it sounds like foul play was involved and asked him if he knew what that meant. His almost instant reply was "Of, course I do, I'm a turkey!" (A name I call him when he is pushing all the right buttons.)

N
    N
    Not something ds6 said, but something his teacher relayed to us at a meeting this week. She said that in class, if the kids are struggling with something, they can ask to "phone a friend" for help. She said that they always "phone" my son smile

J
    J
    DS5.5 is suddenly into writing creative stories. He has written about frogs and a lonely man one (which was sad & shocking) and several others at school. He loves creative writing, and apparently he has quite a creative mindset!

DD10 had to make vocabulary cards for the parts of a plant - to turn in, not for study.

On the "pollen" card, she defined the male reproductive cell as required and then added, "It also makes me sneeze. Is this why I'm allergic to boys?"

DD12, 7th. Dx'd ADHD/GAD. No IQ test. EXPLORE & SAT just miss DYS but suspect HG+
    W
    W
    DH was taking ice out of the freezer. Bear (2.8) said, "Ice is frozen water. How long will it take to melt?"

AND he's busy teaching himself sign language with on starfall.com with no help from any of us!!!

This is more funny than a brag, but this morning I overheard DD and DH talking about the metric system. He was explaining that a kilogram is 1,000 grams and that the prefix "kilo" means 1,000.

DS chimed in saying, "And a kilo-Teddy Graham is a 1,000 Teddy Grahams."

Too cute Cathy!

Page 54 of 268 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM