Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 167 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 55 of 268 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 267 268
    That is cute.

I remember my two year old DD looking at her mylar helium balloon the morning after her birthday party. She was staring at it and pulling on the string making it bounce up and down. I asked her if she liked her balloon...and her reply was simply. "It must be filled with something lighter than air"

I think I just sat down and said.."uh-huh"

:-)

D
    D
    Our dearest, most precious son... with stacks of gifty accomplishments and totally cool test results has done something that tops everything else.

He finally... FINALLY learned to tie his shoes (effectively).

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Being offended is a natural consequence of leaving the house. - Fran Lebowitz
    K
    K
    Originally Posted by Dandy
    Our dearest, most precious son... with stacks of gifty accomplishments and totally cool test results has done something that tops everything else.

He finally... FINALLY learned to tie his shoes (effectively).

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

LOL! Love it. Glad we're not the only family whose kids are NOT precocious at shoe tying. :-) Those darn velcro shoes are so handy.

C
    C
    Dandy- Can you send him to my house to teach my son? He tried ridiculously hard this summer and never got it to work in under 10 min! He did learn to ride his bike without training wheels though- his other important summer goal!

We can all ties shoes here...getting them do DO it is the big struggle. Shouldn't a fourth grader be embarrassed to ask his Mom to tie his shoes?

Way to go Dandy's and CA's little ones! Shoe tying and bike riding are big milestones that really make them feel so cool and grown-up. :-)

A
    A
    DD 2.8 has become obsessed with mazes, so much so that I laminated 30 so she can use a dry erase marker on them, she did them all through twice in one sitting today....and for the past week...she has been demostrating addition

"mommy, there are 2 people in this car. Me and you. One person is in daddy's car" (this is when we took seperate cars the other day to dinner) "2 people plus 1 persone equals three people"

and

when I asked her how many animals were in the picture she said "3" I said and if another pig came how many pigs would there be. She said "4"

and

today she walked up to her dad and said "1+1=2 daddy"

She has also been rhyming like crazy....she wil sit in the car, say a word and then say as many rhyming words as she can. The on to another word. She does this while driving, while walking around the house...She even came up to me while I was lying on the couch and said "couch rhymes with grouch" smile

She is absolutly amazing me lately.!

DD6- DYS
    Homeschooling on a remote island at the edge of the world.
    This is more humorous than a brag, but this morning, ds was in a negative mood, and he said, "This is going to be a terrible day. I just know it." I told him that I firmly believe you shouldn't say negative things like that out loud because it makes them more real and they are more likely to come true. He didn't miss a beat and replied, "Today is my birthday! I can't wait for my party!" LOL (It's not even close to his bday!)

W
    W
    Jen - your DS helped me start my morning off with a laugh. Too funny. Clever boy. grin

L
    L
    My 11 year old son, who did musical theater since age 4 and really enjoyed singing with a group where he only occasionally sang solo parts, usually only one or two lines because he was a little shy about singing solo, was asked to do a lead singing part in song from the musical Annie for the county 4H talent show. He was so worried the night before and also backstage that he would not do well, but there wasn't anyone else in the group who could do it, so he was determined to do his best. He did very well and his group won second place. I was very proud of him because this was another fear that he overcame. For some reason speaking or acting in front of a large group did not bother him, but singing by himself made him nervous. I wanted to show the video to his acting teacher but we found out later that day that she had died in her sleep early that morning. She was only 38 years old and she had an 11 month old baby. She and the musical theater group were such a big part of our lives and we are still in shock.

Page 55 of 268 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM