Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 591 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 53 of 268 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 267 268
    T
    T
    Ds5 has an aunt named Azalea. We are on vacation this with with her and her husband, and were walking through the town we are staying in when we saw a hom decor shop called Azalea's Wild Interiors. Ds immediately started cracking up and pointed to it, saying 'Watch out Aunt Azalea, you've gone wild in your interiors!'

He kills me sometimes. smile

W
    W
    LOL! That is great!

Today Bear put together the alphabet train puzzle at Wolf's Martial Arts class and knew all the letters and pretty much the correct order. I was a bit amazed. Bear is 2 years and 8 months now.

A
    A
    DD 2.6 read the words Boo, Rat, Cat, Bat today!

DD6- DYS
    Homeschooling on a remote island at the edge of the world.
    Mr W rode in the back of my truck today to day care.

The local NPR was discussing Soupy Sales, who just passed away, and they played the first few lines of his hit song, "The Mouse"

Mr W then joined in and belted out the lines - complete with the right intonation - from the back seat!!

"HEEEYYYYYYYYY, DDOOOOO THE MOOOOUSEE! YEAH!!!!!"

L
    L
    Originally Posted by Wyldkat
    Wolf was bored with spelling so I quizzed him through ten weeks worth and of the "official" words he missed 4 out of 60! We were pretty impressed. Needless to say we are skipping those weeks.

Maybe we could get our spellers together. During a conference for our 3rd grade dd her teacher showed us the spelling evaluation tool they use. They give the kids 75 words to spell which are chosen to show proficiency. The number right is supposed to translate into grade level. So 30 wrong would be a score of 45 hence 4th grade 5th month. DD got all 75 right. Teacher said, good for her, the rest of the world has spell check :-)

W
    W
    Originally Posted by lanfan
    DD got all 75 right. Teacher said, good for her, the rest of the world has spell check :-)

LOL! Perfect, literally!

A
    A
    So proud....DD 2.7 just in the past week has begun to recognize numerous words...she has recognized her name and dad's and mine for months, but this week she started pointing out BOO, IN, THE, END, IT, IS, STOP, OF! I am just so proud. All of this in just a few days!

DD6- DYS
    Homeschooling on a remote island at the edge of the world.
    B
    B
    As DS8 was getting his shoes on this morning, he tightened up the laces. He said, �see, I got these straightened out myself, because I was patient. Patience pays off. Hee hee, PPO. No, wait � Patience Oozes Out! Tell Daddy I made that up and called it The POO Method! Ha ha ha!�

DS (27 months) has been full of clever-but-hilarious comments lately. My two favourites:

1. He called our attention to an airplane flying over and I asked him how many people he thought could fit in an airplane.
    DS: Maybe... ten.
    Me: Do you think they could fit a hundred people in an airplane?
    DS: How 'bout we go on a airplane and count all the people? When we get our rocket packs, we fly up in the air and catch up to that airplane.

2. At the park yesterday, I was insisting that he go feet first down the big slides (it's enough for me that he's already mastered the 'age 5-12' section of the playground, LOL) despite the fact that an older girl next to him was going headfirst. Very helpfully, the girl chipped in that you have to be a bigger kid to go headfirst because you have to know how to put your hands out and stop yourself before hitting your head. I asked her age, she said she was 4, almost 5, so I told DS that when he's 4, we can think about trying the slides head first. So, on the way home, this ensued:

DS: I think I got ahead... now I'm four!
    Me: Haha, no, you're not four yet, you're still two. When you're four, you'll go to kindergarten. [we have junior K here that starts at 4]
    DS: And when I'm three, I go to preschool. And when I'm five, I go to the playground! And when I'm a car, I go in the road!

T
    T
    DS3.5 (almost 4) has learned how to whistle. Some of his tunes are even recognizable. smile

Page 53 of 268 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM