Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 167 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 51 of 268 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 267 268
    Yesterday we were heading out for dance class with ds9 and dd3.5. She exclaimed that we'd left her bag of cars at Aunt's house!! I told her we could stop by on the way back, and asked her to help me remember when we were going home.
    About 5 minutes after we got in the car to drive home, about a 30 minute drive, she reminded me to go to Aunt's to get the cars!! I said, 'Wow, great memory, but I might forget if you don't tell me when we get to the mountain. Can you remind me again?'
    The second we turned onto the mountain road, she reminded me again. And we went through the same routine, I asked her to remind me again when we were closer, so just as we were turning onto Aunt's road, which also leads to our house, she did so. I was pretty amazed! Each time I said this I thought, no-way is she going to remind me, and we'll probably get home, she'll realize she doesn't have her cars and I'll have to go back and get them...
    Very surprising.

I love the 2, 3 and 4head story!! Too funny!

T
    T
    I loved this one today:
    My DD complained that elementary school teachers spend too much time telling kids they have to do something because they'll have to do it in middle school. Says she:
    "We should just get to live in the present. If we have to live in the future all of the time we'll never get to actually experience anything!".

(now I guess I have to stop telling my fifth graders that they can't wear their coats in class b/c it's not allowed in middle school.... blush )

W
    W
    Some of you probably remember my horror stories about how Bear doesn't deal well with new things/change/pretty much everything. Wolf went to his dentist's appointment today and we made Bear watch. He was told he would have to do this sometime. He said very adamantly, several times, "No, I NOT!"

Anyway he wanted a toy out of the chest, but we told him he couldn't get one without getting his teeth checked. That upset him a bit, but he eventually put the toy he'd chosen back. Then much to our surprise he walked over to the chair, climbed up into it and asked for the sunglasses (to keep the light out of their eyes). The hygenist looked at us and asked if we wanted her to do him as well. We just nodded in mute shock, figuring as soon as she touched him it would be over. He sat through the WHOLE process of getting his teeth cleaned, flossed, flouridated and inspected and got to go home with a toy. It was a miracle!!!!

T
    Tiz Offline
    T
    A successful dentist visit! I loved this story smile

A
    A
    A week ago I told DD 2.5 that the opposite of up is down.....well since then she has been comming up with opposites to everything, she totally grasped te concept without any explination.....it amazes me, the ones she comes up with. LOve it.

DD6- DYS
    Homeschooling on a remote island at the edge of the world.
    W
    W
    Yay opposites!!! I hope NO isn't the opposite of everything yet! LOL

B
    B
    DS just turned 4 is learning about the Continents. The other day I was asking him to name them and he said "Europe". I said "that's one, what else?" He said "Eur-down" and just started laughing. He is a card, that one.

DD4.9 recently finished reading Prince Caspian. She recieved a Little House on the Prairie book from a relative and was reading it before bed. Two days later I was cleaning her room and noticed her book mark was on page 204. We asked her if she read it all herself and she said yes and told me she was also reading the Magicians Nefew, CS Lewis. She is really enjoying reading in her room before bed. She is a funny kid she has glasses and her room is always covered in books and papers and random things she has built with legos. She is very confident and one of our friends told us she should be a project manager because she is always telling everyone what needs to be done including the adults! I am really enjoying her personality and seeing her grow.

Also DS2 started sounding out words and reading some small board books. He has started drawing shapes and writing a few letters. Both of the kids are pretty into spiderman this week. DD2 is calling himself Peter Parker and DD4.9 is Mary Jane. The baby has been refered to as Laura lately due to the Little house on the prairie book.

O
    O
    Originally Posted by BigBadWool
    DS just turned 4 is learning about the Continents. The other day I was asking him to name them and he said "Europe". I said "that's one, what else?" He said "Eur-down" and just started laughing. He is a card, that one.

LOL LOL LOL thanks for sharing.

W
    W
    Wolf was bored with spelling so I quizzed him through ten weeks worth and of the "official" words he missed 4 out of 60! We were pretty impressed. Needless to say we are skipping those weeks.

Page 51 of 268 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM