Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 210 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 25 of 268 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 267 268
    Awww!

Kriston
    S
    S-T Offline
    S
    I won't be able to come up with a better answer than your DS6!

Originally Posted by BWBShari
    Then he told her that he had two moms because everyone knows that moms are best. With so many kids in the house that need good moms, one wouldn't be enough to go around!

He is so sweet!!!

Austin,
    We should meet, my 13 month old could be your 13mth old's twin! We are constantly walking around exploring the world.

Originally Posted by Kerry
    Austin,
    We should meet, my 13 month old could be your 13mth old's twin! We are constantly walking around exploring the world.

No kidding - they can share notes.

Mr W opened the front door last night - it has a latch. Had I not been right there, he would have been gone.

He then spent a while studying the back door which has a knob that is lower than the other doors'.

Last night he saw me set the deadlock to keep him inside and this AM he was trying to turn it when I held him. He was also playing with all the door knobs, but is not tall enough to get the leverage he needs, yet.

I am thinking of getting him some dog tags because he really likes to explore and I fear he will slip away.

Wandering stories - one of my DW's uncles used to wander for hours alone on the ranch her grandparents worked on. He made several 8+ mile trips to other homes nearby when he was just 6. As he got older, those trips would turn longer and longer until he would stay out all night regularly when he was 12. That kind of hardiness is admired still, and most Indians and Cowboys think its ok, but most of us would not think it sane.

[quote=AustinMr W opened the front door last night - it has a latch. Had I not been right there, he would have been gone.

[/quote]

At 18 mos. DD was tall enough to open our hotel room door, go down the hall, and press the button for the elevator. Not fun.

And you don't even want me to tell you the horror stories about being together in public restrooms whereby she opened the door and let herself out whilst I was um otherwise occupied. shocked

Be warned!

H
    H
    Austin a friend of mine's 2 year old boy opened the deadbolt and let himself out at 5 am and was wandering on the street until a kind neighbor saw him and brought him home. I do not believe his mother has slept soundly since. They do have an alarm on the door now. How scary!

M
    M
    Seablue, we have that *same* thing happen regularly! DD2 will say she has to go, so as long as I'm there I'll go too, but she's done so she just tries to leave, lol. We have to keep hook and eye locks on things like the pantry (she will scale the 7ft shelves to get to the good stuff on top). She's been able to lock and unlock the front and back doors since she was 15mo, now she understands she can't leave the house without an adult, but there were a few months there where I was grateful that we have an alarm with door chimes.

OH MY!!! What a wonderful little boy!!!! That brought tears to my eyes!

OH No Austin! There was just a news story sadly about a 3yr that let himself out of the house in only a diaper and t-shirt. He froze to death. Very tragic.

My son got out the door when he was not quite two. We found him in the side yard eventually- the one place we couldn't get a good look at through our windows. We lived on a busy road. I was SO scared...

Page 25 of 268 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    New, and you'd think I'd have a clue...
    by astronomama - 03/24/24 06:01 AM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    Son 2e, wide discrepancy between CogAT-Terranova
    by astronomama - 03/23/24 07:21 AM