Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 591 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
    Z
    OP Offline
    Z
    Hi Questions,
    You are not the only one working at the 11th hour to get this application finished! Not sure why I always wait to the last minute.

Does anyone know if you can actually email the application and the supporting documents? I am assuming not, since the application says fax or mail, but they do give an email address.

It might be worth a phone call to ask them...

(And if you do ask, please report back about the answer, if you don't mind. Thanks!)

Kriston
    Q
    Q
    Zia's Mom,

Why don't you just call them and ask? They must be still open now. Economical, and efficient!

Were you able to type on the pdf form? I wasn't aware it was formatted that way. Would make the application a whole lot neater on our end...

And yes, I'm always last minute. I think about it, think about it, think about it, and then, no more time - got to write. Still haven't overcome my bad habits from college...

Z
    OP Offline
    Z
    Hi Questions,
    Right after I sent the email I finally was able to reach someone. They are okay with email.

We are able to type on the PDF form but I think that is because we have the Adobe writer program at home. At least that is what my husband tells me. :-)

Q
    Q
    Thank you - might be worth a download tonight.

And I gave my fed ex number to one of our references. I suppose she could save the money and email, too.

Q
    Q
    Zia's Mom,

Could you please ask your husband exactly what software you have? Is it Adobe Acrobat Professional? I couldn't find Adobe writer... I have a pdf editor by Litera, but it doesn't seem to allow me to edit without inserting all sorts of text boxes. Not worth it at this point.

Thanks!

Z
    OP Offline
    Z
    It is Adobe Acrobat 7.0

Q
    Q
    That's so weird - I'm using Adobe Acrobat 8.0 and I can't figure out how to write on the form. Oh, and did I mention that DS was home sick today, and then this afternoon we had a trip to the doctor b/c he fell and luckily did NOT break his jaw!

Thanks for the tip - I'll check it out. Another great way to procrastinate as I try to pull together all these separate pieces of paper (I have to type - my writing is absymal! No wonder DS has trouble with writing...)

Q
    Q
    I'll delete my reference, and perhaps Zia's mom can delete hers as well. Then, after I send this thing off, I'll post the info I read separately. Hope this helps.

Z
    OP Offline
    Z
    Thanks again to everyone who offered tips on the application. We just received notice that they have a complete application and it will be going in for review starting on Monday. They did mention a delay with the holiday but I still expect a response by mid-January.

I was very happy with the final product and we used a lot of the suggestions provided here. Our fingers are crossed. Does anyone know, on average, how many applicants the program gets a month? Just on this board alone there seemed to be 4 or 5 folks submitting.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM