Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 210 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 45 of 268 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 267 268
    I was very proud of DS6 yesterday. He was playing with his friend, D, from across the street. D is also 6 and will be starting first grade in Sept. Anyway, D wanted to read the instructions for a game they were trying to play and became frustrated because he can't read well yet. DS said, "Don't worry, D, I'll help you read it." After DS read it, D said, "Reading is so easy for you!" and DS said, "It's easy once you get the hang of it."

This is a big deal for me because in the past we have had trouble with DS bragging and comparing himself to others (out loud...) Could all those talks we've had about the issue finally be sinking in? smile

Oh, I love stories like this, where the kids demonstrate that they are growing kinder and more considerate of others! Thanks for sharing, Cathy A.! smile

Kriston
    Wacky sense of humor(for a 10 yr old):
    Grandson & I left the dentist office this morning. We were a block off the main route to a hospital and we heard lots of sirens. GS10 looked around furtively, and whispered loudly, "they're on to me. Let's get out of here!" hahaha, I love his sense of humor!
    A few weeks ago(I don't think I posted this), another farm woman was talking about raising organic livestock, and their vet from Greenville. GS10 started giggling and said, "That's funny". I knew right away the connection he made, but the other person didn't. So he laughingly explained, "organic vet, from Greenville; get it?" He's a veerrryyy punny guy!

M
    M
    One day, while swinging at the park, my DS4 silently watched his shadow follow him underneath the swing for what seemed like 5 or 10 minutes and then remarked, "I think my shadow is me in another dimension." The casual observer might have thought he was just zoned out, but he was actually deep in thought the whole time. It was one of those occasions that made me stop and wonder what other amazing things are going on in his head that I don't even know about.

W
    W
    The other day Wolf(5) was showing grandma RedRemover (on bubblebox.com, btw he's done all the levels and the adults have had problems with it!!!). He clicked on level 1 and said to her, "Let me show you level 1 so you can get an idea of the concept." Grandma was a bit stunned by that...

Bear(2.5) was watching us talk about the ants invading our house. He told us quite matter-of-factly, "Ants are a type of bug." Now the ant - bug concept didn't phase me, but even I did a double take at his using the word "type"!

W
    W
    Oh! One more wonderful thing to mention, I took the boys to the zoo today and they were perfectly polite and respectful to all the animals. No screaming at or chasing birds to make them run, not tapping on tanks, no inappropriate behavior of any kind!!! I am so proud! (Personally I wants to strangle several other children for their bad manners and disrespectful behavior, but I refrained. Yay for me. LOL)

WTG, for great behavior!!

DS6 went from not swimming at all to now swimming in the 10ft area of the pool we belong in just a weekend. I was very impressed. It started last week when DS6 asked me the "secret of swimming". I told him to keep his arms and legs moving at the same time. smile

Crisc
    I LOLd at your GS's comments, OHG. I share his love of puns. He sounds like such a fun kid to hang out with. smile

Kriston
    S
    S-T Offline
    S
    This thread is still going strong! Yah! I have loads to read an catch up.

Last edited by S-T; 08/18/09 09:02 PM.
    Originally Posted by MsFriz
    One day, while swinging at the park, my DS4 silently watched his shadow follow him underneath the swing for what seemed like 5 or 10 minutes and then remarked, "I think my shadow is me in another dimension." The casual observer might have thought he was just zoned out, but he was actually deep in thought the whole time. It was one of those occasions that made me stop and wonder what other amazing things are going on in his head that I don't even know about.

Great story! Ds9 has remarked many times about how the swing is his place to really think, about everything (for one thing no body bugs you, I guess). His office, lol!

Page 45 of 268 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    New, and you'd think I'd have a clue...
    by astronomama - 03/24/24 06:01 AM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    Son 2e, wide discrepancy between CogAT-Terranova
    by astronomama - 03/23/24 07:21 AM