Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 321 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    Val #45612 04/26/09 06:18 PM
    Val Offline
    Oh, it wouldn't hurt to just ask them to mail you a copy of the applicable laws.

Val

Val #45613 04/26/09 06:23 PM
    Val Offline
    Just found an FAQ on kindergarten and first grade in Texas. You need to ask the local school for its policies.

See questions 13, 14, and a few beyond.

www.tea.state.tx.us/curriculum/early/kfaq.pdf

(The link-maker seems to be broken; sorry. Cut-and-paste the link through .pdf)

Val

Last edited by Val; 04/26/09 06:24 PM. Reason: Link maker not working
    Val #45737 04/27/09 02:58 PM
    Val,

Thanks for locating the FAQ information. I took a look at it and it is basically the same information I have uncovered. They do not address private schools in state and how that is handled but I do love your idea about calling the district b/c I think it is clear by not finding it on the state's sites that this would be a decision on the district level. I will definitely call and ask the questions and see what responses I get from it. And I also think that maybe we would have to keep her in private school through 1st grade because by then the argument can not be that she was not in a true grade. The scary thing is DD is already equal to kindergarten at age 3 so by age 5 she might very well be in 2nd grade which might just mean that I need to let the idea of public school go. I really want to be able to send my child to public school and have her taught like all children should be able to and not have to pay double for her education. Money to public and then the private sector. I would love to be able to use our public school but as time progresses it becomes more apparent that that option does not look promising.

Anyway ... I just want to thank you for trying to find the answer. Very sweet of you. smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM