Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 239 guests, and 35 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    M
    M
    I told him that i understood his frustration (he is 6). I really didn't know what else to say (as usual!). -- This morning he asked me what the temperature was in Heaven and if it had seasons. I told him that i didn't know, but i imagined it to be the perfect temperature, which for me would be 72. However, others prefer slightly warmer or cooler. He (thinking above me) said, "oh, i get it, God makes it perfect for each person, but only he knows the real temperature. That's great!"

Oh yes. Constant questions! Yesterday DS5 was pondering who would be the next to die in the family. He also wonders who was the first man. He and his brother 8 were trying to figure out who gave birth to the first man.

I've said since the beginning, the one thing DS has done for me is improve my research skills ten fold. I'm forever looking things up!

Shari
    Mom to DS 10, DS 11, DS 13
    Ability doesn't make us, Choices do!
    J
    Jenafur Offline OP
    OP Offline
    J
    does anyone know the answer to Ds4's most recent question.
    He's wanting to know how the plastic glowing stars and planets on his ceiling glow....

Originally Posted by Movingup6
    I told him that i understood his frustration (he is 6). I really didn't know what else to say (as usual!). -- This morning he asked me what the temperature was in Heaven and if it had seasons. I told him that i didn't know, but i imagined it to be the perfect temperature, which for me would be 72. However, others prefer slightly warmer or cooler. He (thinking above me) said, "oh, i get it, God makes it perfect for each person, but only he knows the real temperature. That's great!"

I had a dream last night that I was at a party with my wife and some other people and and Angel appeared and was touching people, sending them to Heaven. When she got to me, I pulled back and said that I had so much left undone and wanted to wait. She touched me briefly and it was sparkly hot like a 9 volt battery on your tongue. She said she would come back for me in five years and went on to other people. (My DW chose to go, but she was in another part of the party..sigh. )

Does that answer the question? Sparkly hot??

Originally Posted by Jenafur
    does anyone know the answer to Ds4's most recent question.
    He's wanting to know how the plastic glowing stars and planets on his ceiling glow....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminescence

I know a girl who has put all the constellations on her ceiling with luminescent paint.

S
    S-T Offline
    S
    Originally Posted by Austin
    I know a girl who has put all the constellations on her ceiling with luminescent paint.

OT:- This reminds me of the childhood room of Randy Pausch, author of the The Last Lecture. smile

M
    M
    Originally Posted by Movingup6
    Yesterday, my son (after 2 "boring" hours of childrens church) asked me why age is so important. I asked him what he was talking about and he told me that he thought dividing children by age was dumb...he said they should be divided by their intellect. Pretty insightful!

I teach children's church - it is very boring for my child as well. I just hit our pastor with a recommendation that age not be the only factor in determining which child attends which class - my son (starting at age 9) skips children's church and goes to "regular" church so "he can learn something" (his words). Your son is onto something - I think if a pastor really understands this, he/she would be all for helping him dig deeper into the topics, issues, and lessons.

J
    J
    DS5 has always asked stuff like this! I'm SO thankful that I had c-sections with both my children because I'm not sure how I would be able to explain childbirth to a 3yr old! wink

Originally Posted by Jen74
    I love the questions, even though usually my answers involve something like, "Here's what some people believe, and here is what others believe." OR "Let's look that up on the Internet!"

What a great set of answers. Surely you are modeling how to be thoughtful and comfortable with grey areas and the mysteries of the universe.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    New, and you'd think I'd have a clue...
    by astronomama - 03/24/24 06:01 AM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    Son 2e, wide discrepancy between CogAT-Terranova
    by astronomama - 03/23/24 07:21 AM