Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 591 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2
    M
    Mark D. Online Content OP
    OP Online Content
    M
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share this link for the 2e: Twice-Exceptional Newsletter blog: https://glenellynmedia.com/?page_id=11552.

This blog is designed to share news, events, and resources they find as they do research for the newsletter and for the complimentary monthly email briefing they publish, and is a great resource!

Last edited by Mark D.; 07/20/18 09:36 AM.
    Thanks, Mark!

Kriston
    Oh yes- this is a great resource, and I have been honored to have a few of my articles printed in it.

J
    J
    I'm new to gifted education and a parent of gifted children who has just been interview for a gifted position. My district want to use a new instrument to identify twice exceptional learners. We currently use the TCS testing and many of our twice exceptional gifted students are not making it into our challenge classrooms because we dont' have adaptations for these students. Any suggestions?

J
    J
    Hi- I ahve a 2E daughter, highly gifted in math but with significant visual processing LD. I need a refresher regarding what sub tests on her WISC WIAT and Stanford indicate abstract reasoning and other math abilities / achievement.

I am about to do battle, again with my school and they want to do thier home grown tasks on her to determine her giftedness when I have the aboves tests and a Linda Siverman assessment that indicates her high giftedness scores.

Thanks for the help.

T
    T
    I found a Program that is a model 2E program in Montgomery County Maryland. Google Montogmery County Maryland Twice Exceptional Guide and there are a list of sites you can access to gain the information you need. Smart Kids with learning difficuilties is a book with charts and graphs that I found helpful.

C
    C
    Oh.Wow. I feel like I've struck gold here! I am a giftie, recently diagnosed with ADHD at the ripe old age of 42. My 7yo son has ADHD, is highly likely somewhere on the autism spectrum (though subtle), and there is a very good chance he will land in the gifted program at some point in the future...as told by the special ed staff from our school board. (He is in resource classes right now.)

To the best of my knowledge, I have never even heard the term "twice exceptional," but I am intrigued. I can't wait to dig in! I wonder if the folks down here are familiar with this...

Thank you!!!

T
    T
    Welcome to board. I also am just recently new to Gifted information. It is wonderful to hear your school is providing you with recognition for your son! You are so right about goldmine! Parents on board are really awsome and very supportive.

T
    T

Gifted underachievement has become a growing phenomenon. I wrote an article that provides strategies to parents to help their children who are gifted underachievers. Read my article at

http://www.suite101.com/content/the-child-who-is-the-gifted-underachiever-a282346

T
    T
    I read your article. Thank you for shareing! Parents need all the support they can get. With schools struggleing to meet grade scores on Core curriculum testing, to be in compliance under NCLB. Having information to identify and support children that have the potential to make very high scores with modified lessons designed to meet their unique learning style is very enlighting. Parents can utilize articles like yours and scientific research based studies to do presentation to their distric of how to improve the districs scores. Helping the distric in creative way that don't necessarly cost more money. Just requires you are able or willing to recognize new concepts and ideas based on brainbased research of what is more effective way to educate children. It is very helpful when articles are designed so parents can e-mail them to their distric and when they are on PDF so we can download them to gain a library of resources to share with aother parents or agencys in our states so we can advocate for educational reform in America.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM