Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 147 guests, and 11 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore, Ross Kious, Alishaniche
    11,419 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
    Kriston Offline OP
    OP Offline
    This is a purely selfish post having nothing to do with GT kids, but I need to get this out:

We just found my almost 16yo old cat dead in his sleep. I had the cat before I had even met the husband. I was so busy this week that I paid no attention to him. I feel guilty on top of feeling sad.

I'm having painful and expensive oral surgery tomorrow.

The head gasket went out on my van and cost us a bundle yesterday.

The economy is taking its toll on my husband's employer, a consulting firm, and things aren't looking good for his department. There are no jobs out there to consult on, and layoffs loom. The existence of the department is in jeopardy. His job is probably safe--he's a golden boy there, so I honestly think they'll find a place for him somewhere--but with all his people gone, he probably wouldn't want to stay. It's depressing.

It's been a hard week. frown

Just needed to get all that off my chest. Thanks.

I'll probably be absent for a couple of days after tonight due to a drugged out haze. Ugh. Please wish me better days on the other side...

Kriston
    M
    M
    Ach, I'm sorry, Kriston! Troubles never come singly, do they? I hope things will look better soon.

Good luck at the surgeon tomorrow--hope it heals quickly.

minnie

Kristen,

My condolences for your loss. And I hope everything works out well with your surgery and your husbands job.

Ruby

Aaaahhhhh, so sad about kitty. I'm sure he went just like he'd have wanted, independent, no special fuss, curled up in his favorite spot, not sick? Sorry you didn't have notice to say goodbye, though.
    Take care after your surgery.

L
    L
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. It might not have anything to do with GT kids, but in a way it does because sensitive GT kids pick up on our stress. Sometimes it helps to talk about it. Good luck with the surgery.

Mia Offline
    Aww, Kriston, I'm so sorry. When my rabbit died a few years ago I was distraught -- beloved pets are so important. Big sympathies there.

And also sympathies on everything else. At least the drugged out haze will be put to good use! whistle

laugh

Mia
    S
    S-T Offline
    S
    I am sorry to hear abt your loss. May he RIP.

I am sure your oral surgery will be ok. Wishing u a speedy recovery after that.

For the rest.... {{hugs}}. Hope things will look up soon.

Last edited by S-T; 01/15/09 07:54 PM.
    ohhhh I am so sorry about your cat. He must have been a happy cat to live to be 16 year old. I still ahve a picture in my wallet of my childhood cat that died in 2001...pets are most definitely part of the family. So sorry for your loss.

I hope you get some rest before your surgery tomorrow...that's not fun. Hoping for a quick recovery for you.

Sounds like you have had a really tough week with everything else going as well. anything you can do to help relax and take your mind off things for a little while?

Oh Kriston, sorry about the loss of your precious cat. I hope you can use the post-surgery recovery time as an excuse to indulge in some simple pleasures (bath? movies?). I hope next week is better for you.

Oh Kriston! I am so very sorry about your loss too. It is a loss and sometimes people don't realize that some of us are dearly connected to our beloved pets.

This economy is very unsettling, but there are people hiring. I know because DH was given notice of his lay-off in October. He was fortunate to get a job, but I have to give him his due credit, he worked his butt off to find something.

It's far better to start being aggressive about looking for other options, because you are right, the environment can get very challenging for those left behind after large lay-offs.

The car thing couldn't have come at a worse time, I'm sorry.

Good luck with the surgery. Take care of yourself....and I'm so glad you shared here. Everyone needs support from time to time and I can't think of many as deserving as you, friend. grin

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM
    Posting IQ test results/Intepretrati
    on of them

by Chaya - 04/05/24 07:58 PM
    Seattle Public Schools shuts down gifted program
    by Eagle Mum - 04/05/24 02:18 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/02/24 09:08 AM