Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 167 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 18 of 268 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 267 268
    Oh, that's so nice! I love that kind of kindness in kids! smile

Kriston
    M
    M
    That is indeed a lovely story, BKD! You can be very proud of your sweet boy.

Originally Posted by BKD
    And a DS6 brag - we were at a friend's place yesterday and the bigger kids (5-10) were playing a treasure hunting game. Another friend's 2YO decided to join in, but was bowled over by most of the bigger kids, who didn't even notice him. My lovely boy stopped, went back, took his hand and said "come on, you're on my team - look, can you see something over there". I was so proud of him.

Thump, thump! Thump, thump!

(that's my heart beating loudly for your DS6)

Originally Posted by BKD
    And a DS6 brag - we were at a friend's place yesterday and the bigger kids (5-10) were playing a treasure hunting game. Another friend's 2YO decided to join in, but was bowled over by most of the bigger kids, who didn't even notice him. My lovely boy stopped, went back, took his hand and said "come on, you're on my team - look, can you see something over there". I was so proud of him.

Just think what your son did for the 2 year old. My 2 yr old was in the same boat this weekend at the community playground and the older kids were playing a made up game tying hide and seek and color coding together. The older kids decided to include her in the game and the excitement of it all when we left made my heart soar. She was so excited and said "Mommy, the older kids played with ME." "They told me when to slide and not slide." ... on and on but with such a big smile on her face. I could have hugged each and everyone of those kids.

B
    BKD Offline
    B
    Oh, I really needed to see that side of him after the horror of Christmas. It was our first encounter with fully blown present greed, and I will spend the year making a plan to ensure it doesn't happen again. Much prefer the gentle, caring part of his nature.

S
    S
    I wanted to share something about DD18 month since I don't typically say much about her. quite honestly I wasn't sure if she was behind in her expressive language skills even though I knew her receptive language skills were great. And then in the last 2 weeks there has been an explosion. She talks a LOT, she counts to 10, she sings her ABC's and knows what comes next if you stop. She knows her shapes, and some colors. She is getting really good at shapes puzzles and sorters. It's really bizarre how it all started happening. But it's also exciting to watch her express herself more.....even though she does give dirty looks sometimes and started saying "No" as she looks at us with disgust.

My DW hit her head very hard in the bathroom this weekend and was crying on the floor.

Mr W went over to her and layed his head on hers and cooed to her.

Austin, poor DW! I'll bet that will be smarting for days to come. Mr. W comforting her does make a nice picture...

This Christmas DD4 sang hallelujah, from Shrek while her uncle played it on the piano. It was really touching and meant a lot to her to share her talent and feel understood. I am really appreciating the gifts our family members have and it is so sweet for her to share this kind of connection with her extended family.

On the lighter side have you heard all the words to this song. She knows all the words I mean all of them and I am getting a lot of questions I am not sure I want to answer. We didn't intentionally teach her it she just memorizes things and I did not realize the content until I heard her singing it and thought what did you just say!

Austin, ow. What happened. I hope she is ok.

Page 18 of 268 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM