Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    2 members (jenjunpr, aeh), 161 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 11 of 268 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 267 268
    I stink at Christmas cards. I dread the thought of writing them out and sending them each year. I pretty much stopped altogether after a period of wishy washy one year I send them one year I don't. Now I just call when I get a card from someone, tell them what a loser I am, thank them for the card and chat. I'd rather catch up on the phone anyhow.

We have a tree, it was a fiasco this year, darn thing kept falling over. DH finally allowed me to put up colored lights because our white lights finally broke after 12 years. smile

Not much under the tree and it's probably going to stay that way. We dodged a bullet, DH was scheduled to have last day at the end of December. He just got an offer letter today to start a new job in January.

We feel very lucky and are also thinking of those who are facing adversity in these difficult economic times.

It has been nice how the girls have reacted to being told there wouldn't be as much "stuff" this year. They were so cool about it. Warmed my heart. smile

acs Offline
    Well, I got a job lined up for when my current one ends; we got one relative in a good nursing home last week; another relative is finally settled with a catheter that works; bills are paid; and my term paper is almost done cool.

I was feeling pretty good until Wren reminded me that I have to get a tree and buy presents crazy.

We decided not to buy a tree two weeks ago. (Mr W would undoubtedly pull it over. ) Does that count?

Hey it definitely counts. So you can smile big and say me are done!

I have been taking Santa Pics all morning long for the community Breakfast with Santa. Now I get to upload all of them. :P Someone remind me not to volunteer anymore! But it was fun and of course my kiddo would have nothing to do with Santa. We could not get a single pic. Would expect nothing less from the munchkin.

B
    B
    Originally Posted by Austin
    We decided not to buy a tree two weeks ago. (Mr W would undoubtedly pull it over. ) Does that count?

I remember friends with bright little onew who would cut the very top off a tree (they happened to have them on their farm) and stick it in the very corner of the room - they also had those acoustic tiles for a ceiling and hung ornaments delightfully from holes all around the tree. worked for them!

W
    W
    I am happy for all those that posted they got jobs after endings.

Best wishes to all.

Ren

Congrats on all you've accomplished, acs! It sounds to me like a tree and gifts are gravy this year. Pat yourself on the back! smile

Kriston
    Thanks Wren!

I second Kriston, acs! You've earned a well deserved break! Enjoy the rest of the season. smile

J
    J
    Bursting with joy here!!!!! Miss 7 got her school report on Friday. It was pretty typical for a gifted kid - no effort, little interest and fairly good achievement smile But... I started doing a mums and maths program that teaches mums the primary school maths curriculum. It does so in a way that helps and empowers mums to teach their gifted girls. I've loved it. The facilitator assured me that if I worked with Miss 7 for just 1 hr a week that I would see a noticeable shift in her achievement level in school. And voila! It worked! She's gone from a perfectly average maths student to a high achiever - with maths being her best subject!!! Now that I can see the difference I can make at home, the whole school situation seems less daunting (and far less important!). Just goes to show that you really are your child's first teacher - and for those gifted kids that can't quite get it together in the classroom, you're they're second and third grade teacher too!

Celebrating small steps, jojo

Page 11 of 268 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM