Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 591 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 8 of 268 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 267 268
    Mr W ( DS10m0w) did a 6 piece shape sorter by himself today.

He watched the Wizard of Oz with us until he fell asleep when they got to the Emerald City. He loved the Lion and kept saying "Poppies"

Ok Ive got a recent brag. I took DS4 in oct, DD1.5, and baby to the library this week and DS4 picked out a magic tree house book. We got home and she said she wanted to read it, so I got comfy on the couch with her and opened the book to start reading and DS4 said I know that word and sounded out he first word. She ended up reading the whole page. She called her grandma to tell her the news and was very excited. She continued to read pages every several pages that I read. Three days later we are on our fourth magic tree house book.

L
    L
    Look at what my dd's teacher sent me!!! I will certainly have a good day! Yay....

"There are many writing competitions for children on line. You may want to take a look and encourage dd7 to submit something. She truly is a gifted writer. Have a great day."

M
    M
    What a cool thread!

My ds6 used to write a lot of lovely stories, which ended after he started school and got miserable. But two days ago, reading the book Dragonology, he noticed the key to dragon runes, taught himself them - all but Z, which is hard b/c you never use it, Mom - and suddenly began writing again, just in Dragon! He's got pages of story about a dragon who goes to a Red Sox game, which he then gleefully asks me to read, which I can't do, b/c *I* can't read dragon. And even better, his teacher let him do it yesterday after he finished his work, so he came home happy from school for the first time this year.

And the same day, ds3 did a 96 piece puzzle, and ds8weeks used a consonant for the first time and said "bleh!" it was a banner day.

S
    S
    How exciting, what a great compliment!

Well I wanted to share something from this morning, because it is way to wierd to share with coworkers. I will get the weird stare. Anyhow, this is typical DS4. He does lots of thinking while I drive and wants to engage in interesting conversations. So this morning he said to me "3x4+1 equals a bakers dozen, right?" and I agreed, then he quickly said "or you could also say 4x2+5 equals a bakers dozen" Then he proceeded to go through addition problems in Spanish for fun, and then moved onto roman numerals. And THEN decided to do "Spanish Roman Numerals" I had no idea what he was talking about until he started saying "ixx = 19" only he said all the letters and numbers in spanish. The stuff that comes out of his mouth floors me. I swear he learns things while he is sleeping.

I have less of a brag and more of a celebration of sorts, too. I had no idea DD 22 months knew that C comes after A and B. We have not tried to teach her the alphabet quite yet. Tonight DH comes home from a walk with DD and says, "Did you know DD can say the whole alphabet?" She proceeded to sing the whole song. I was speechless. That little rascal has known all along!

Shelly, do you keep up with all that? Do you already know Spanish? Wow!

oh it feels so nice to be able to share!! Today dd (2) counted from 10 down to 1. I had hearrd her do that before, but today dh heard her and he was so proud! smile

DS7 went for his belt test in tae kwon do and won a trophy for having the most"Awesome Attitude" strips, he gets these for good grades at school.

smile

Last edited by ienjoysoup; 11/21/08 02:44 AM. Reason: belt test, not bel test
    This morning it was chilly in the car and DS quipped:

Guess who's in the artic?

Coldilocks and the Three Polar Bears!

smile

Oh, and the other day he drew four dots on a piece of paper and then connected them in all the possible ways (i.e. like a box with an X in it.) I asked him what he was drawing and he said, "This is how they all shake hands."

Awww! There's nothing I like more than a little punster. You made my morning, Cathy! smile

Kriston
    Page 8 of 268 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM