Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 167 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 7 of 268 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 267 268
    B
    B
    I love this thread!

I would also like to brag about our dog, who is getting old, and is quite the rabble rouser, having grown up on and lived on the farm and always gave more than she got - she just takes Mr W's abuse and loves every minute of it.

Last edited by Austin; 11/12/08 06:36 PM.
    M
    M
    I love this thread, too!

Groucho (5) has a new favourite expression: id est. He was explaining "The Taming of the Shrew" to someone today, and happily told him that "two of the suitors dress up as schoolmasters (id est, teachers) when they go to court Bianca." Also, when he wants a drink at bedtime, he says to Frenchy, "Daddy, someone here is thirsty, id est, Groucho [insert real name here]."

Shellymos, I love both the fractions and the syllables stories--what fun! Sounds like a great kid, who keeps you busy, too, I'll bet!

minnie

S
    S
    id est, that is hilarious. That totally sounds like something I could hear my son saying in the next year or so. I swear we could write a book with the things they say.

Not sure if this is a brag, but I thought it was funny:

DS5 (almost 6) asked me how I type so fast--have I memorized all the keys? I told him I had. He said, "Well, my method is I've memorized the backspace key, so I just hit the keyboard randomly and if I get the wrong letter I backspace and try again."

Well, now that I think about it, I guess that algorithm would work just fine--but might be a little slow... crazy

This evening dd(24 months) was looking out the window and said, "Look Dadda, I see silhouettes of trees!"

A BIG BRAG....dd chose her Dadda to read stories to her tonight instead of me!!! This was the first time in a year or more!!!!!!!! I had to go in to read her one story and then put her in her crib, but she did choose dh to start with so that was a HUGE step!!

M
    M
    Oh, Cathy, I so needed a big laugh today! And that one was a real thigh-slapper!

Thanks!

minnie

I remember when DS(now10) was 2 years old, he was explaining to someone about the difference between deciduous trees and evergreens.

S
    S-T Offline
    S
    This thread is so interesting to read! The "calculator" as a gift made me smile because that was exactly what DS8 has asked for since last year. For his birthday in June, my sis bought him a scientific calculator and he was proud and eager to use it!

I realised I couldn't recall many wonderful moments. frown There was one particular one which I did though. It was when DS was in KA (4+). His room teacher proudly shared with me what DS had drawn when he asked the class to draw something to show the word "enormous". DS drew himself as small as an ant. Beside him, he drew the Eiffel Tower.

L
    L
    Yesterday he wanted to play a syllable game and I wasn't sure if he really knew what syllables are. I asked him how many syllables were in a couple different words and he easily got them right. then he paused for a minute and said "mom, supercalafragelisticexpealadocious (sp?) has 13 syllables......no wait..it has 14"

[/quote]

Shelly,

Maybe we should try to arrange that playdate!! I told dh about the syllables and he remembered when my dd7 was in Kindy she did the same exact thing and just a week or so ago, showing her continued obsession with the word, said and spelled it backwards laugh laugh

Last edited by lanfan; 11/13/08 05:50 AM.
    Page 7 of 268 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM