Excellent Poj!
I would encourage you to fill out the Davidson YSP application in "babysteps." LOL - It took me 6 months to do mine, and you can bet that I felt really badly about that - but the Staffers told me that that is about average. I was suprised.

I used the typing to teach a deeper lesson to - about the tree ((bamboo, rubber, who knows?)) that spends three years putting down roots with no sign of activity above the surface, and then in the third year grows ((insert amazing amount here)) feet!

We started at age 7, and worked at a for 2 months every 6 months or so, whenever the urge for "more money" or "more TV time" or "more computer time" overcame his resistance. Of course I was lucky, because being suspisious of the Commercial World by nature, I had instituted a "twice a year" gift policy, sports and art supplies not included. When I saw that the neighbor-kids got 40$ video games from the Easter Bunny, I knew that times had changed. Too all the whining I say - "My Job is to love you and help you build Character." I know it's working when I hear - well I've got plenty of Character, but what I want is that new video game. I know that he can't seriously defend that position, even to himself. But he does get to complain.

Poj, I look forward to hearing updates. We all are. Welcome.
Love and More Love,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com