Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 196 guests, and 25 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
    #28333 10/15/08 11:38 PM
    Val Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Today DK managed to knock over the plastic cat food container (typical) and unscrew it (first time). Fortunately, it was nearly empty. I was impressed and will have to start hiding the crunchy container now.

I'll have to make a map, though. I'm sorry to say that last week I hid the porcelain "Queen Kitty" food bowl so well, I can't find it now. Major downside: it's full of food.

He's sitting on my lap purring right now. He's a good kitty. And he just made a silent meow!

Meanwhile, I remembered that the other kitties taught DS8 how to open doors when he was a baby. They would use their front paws/hands to pull the door open when it was slightly ajar, and he copied them. I have no idea how old he was, but they were two.

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I have to hit the sack.

Val

Last edited by Val; 10/15/08 11:43 PM.
    My GT kittie plays fetch. We never had a dog play fetch but my kittie is a natural with it.
    She loves sitting on my lap but hates being carried. She'll ride on my shoulder instead. She was also extremely jealous of my granddaughter when granddaughter was just born. I'd hold GD and kittie would try to push her way between GD & me.
    We have two indoor kitties and both open doors.
    So, that's my GT kittie story for the day.

Great stories! I have always been more of a dog person, but since we adopted two kittens last year, I have been surprised at how clever and entertaining they are. We also have a cat who plays a game, though I wouldn't call it fetch. She sits and we throw a soft pom pom at her. She bats it back, and this can go on for a LONG time. She purrs and lets us know that she really enjoys this. It's funny though, her brother has no use for the game.

Both of the cats often like to sit in a big picture window that overlooks the driveway, and they seem to always be waiting there whenever someone drives up. They usually sit there to "wave goodbye" too.

All our cats would fetch. When they stopped bringing the paper wad back, they were saying "I'm done playing now."

My cat also opens doors. He puts both paws on the doorknob and turns it. My former roommate wants him to teacher he cat how to do it.

His real gift was athletic leaps and twirls in midair, though. He's too old now, but in his youth, he was the Baryshnikov of the feline world! Glorious to watch!

Kriston
    Ahhhh,, I love the gifted kitties stories. Thanks for the morning smiles!

I've always loved cats because they are aloof! smile

I'm also a dog person.

I always leave the t.v. on and change the channel to Animal Planet(HD of course) for our sweet little dog. smile

When I come home, he's always laying in MY favorite chair watching the t.v.

Dottie, how does the hamster get the fridge door open? That IS GT! Darn near overachieving.

wink

(Really, I do get it. But I got that image of a hamster opening the door in my head, and I HAD to share it!)

Kriston
    when i was a kids we had a dog that could unlock the door open it, unlock the screen door, open that- and then get in the yard, and get over a 6 foot wooden feet by running up it and tossing himself over it.... he was one crazy dog!

#28374 10/16/08 09:06 AM
    I don't know... we've only ever had cats and both of them were dumber than a bag of rocks! wink One of them took several weeks to remember we'd replaced the screen in the door (where he'd destroyed it once already)... banged his nose on it when we let him out. every. single. time. Very sweet and cuddly, both of them, but no great thinkers! LOL

Erica
    Oh and I forgot our not-so-bright rat! We had two rats and while one was of at least average rat intelligence, the other was, uh, not. When we fed them we would put all the food in one bowl, and Squeaker would proceed to "hide" it in the other bowl, while Climber (the brighter of the two) would build a stash (taking from BOTH bowls) in the igloo-house and then sit in the doorway to block it.

Maybe Climber is above average though... When she was a single rat, instead of taking the food out of the bowl to hide she started bringing bedding up to it and just hiding it right there. That was pretty clever! LOL

Erica
    We have a brilliant plecostemus. A bottom feeder by nature, he learned to swim upside down just under the surface of the water and vacuum goldfish flakes into his mouth.

grin

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    New, and you'd think I'd have a clue...
    by astronomama - 03/24/24 06:01 AM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    Son 2e, wide discrepancy between CogAT-Terranova
    by astronomama - 03/23/24 07:21 AM