Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 284 guests, and 13 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
    Maybe I'm not that nurturing!! wink I mean, the smacking his nose into the screen door thing -was- pretty funny to watch..... LOL

Erica
    I had a guinea Pig in college that would squeal every time I opened my little fridge. He figured he was going to get some veggies.

Val Offline OP
    OP Offline
    I found the missing bowl of crunchies! They were in the cabinet where we keep the sheets.

Val

#28408 10/16/08 03:58 PM
    I had a cat that was oxygen-deprived at birth, and bless her cuddly little heart, she was a whole different level of dumb. She used to nurse on my earlobe and she forgot to clean her nose after she ate.

Anyway, I told the vet that she wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, and the kindly, animal-adoring woman looked at me like I was Satan himself. How COULD I say somethng so mean about my pet? I tried to explain that it was merely reality, that I loved her very much, but a mother knows her baby's flaws. Penelope was SOOOOO not a GT cat!

I had to leave Penelope overnight for some treatment, and when I came back the next day, the vet brought Penelope into the exam room with a very sheepish look on her (human) face. She told me that there's a thumbnail IQ test for cats. (No numbers though, Dottie. Sorry! wink ) You flip the cat's ear inside-out, so it cups backwards instead of forwards, convex instead of concave. The faster the cat flips it back, the smarter the animal is. The really smart cats won't even let you do it. The dumbest of cats take 30 seconds or so to notice.

My poor, dear Penelope sat there for THIRTY MINUTES with her ear inside out! "I couldn't take it any more," said the vet, "so I gave up and flipped it back for her."

I had to laugh! So yes, trust your mom gut about intelligence. We know! (Even when the "baby" is a cat!) grin

Kriston
    Ah, would that it were so easy to figure it out with human kids!

grin

Kriston
    too funny! have to try this on the pooches too...

Think there will be a sudden rash of pets with inside-out ears tonight? LOL!

(And BTW, my GT gato who can open doors won't let me turn his ears inside out. Naturally I raced home as soon as the vet told me about the trick and tried it on him!)

Kriston
    C
    cym Offline
    C
    My DH had a dog in college who would ride the bus from one campus to the other, somehow knew the time of day and DH's schedule to sit outside the right building (she would wait at different ones different times/days) to meet him each day. Everyone knew the dog that rode the bus (only some knew DH). The dog was featured in the yearbook--big picture. Very smart dog.

DH always credits the dog with attracting nice girlfriends

NO WAY!

That is unbelievable. I would be shocked if ANYONE can top that one!

My roommate had a cat who could talk.

She said "Me-out" very clearly when she wanted to go out, and she said "Me-in" when she was ready to come in.

We thought that was pretty good. wink

Kriston
    Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM