Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 166 guests, and 21 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    S
    S
    I am actually an INFP as well, with a borderline F/T.

Hi Socks,
    Welcome.
    Are you a parent of gifted kids? If so was their other parent similar or dissimilar to you?
    How did you find us and what brought you here?
    Smiles,
    Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    S
    S
    Hello!

Nope, I'm a gifted teen, not a parent. I got here from the Genius Denied website.

Welcome Socks,
    How's life as a gifted teen in your neck of the woods?

Do you have favorite other websites for gifted teens? We've been fairly quiet here - although many of us remember being gifted teens, LOL!

Did you read Genius Denied? What did you think?

Smiles,
    Trinity

I think that the reason so many of us are "in the middle" on the "T or F" thing is that there is social pressure for females to be "F" but the giftedness tend to drive us in the "T" direction - or perhaps just towards the middle, having "both" functions.

I was reading the classic 1988 book on type, and had to laugh at myself - the "ENTJ: Don't worry, I'm here!" description is looking accurate for the first time in my ENTP life. Then I realized that folks who know me from this board would definitly see my ENTJ side! I guess the combination of Flylady.net and having a cause is bringing out my "J."

Anyone else being turned into a "J" by fighting this particular battle?

Smiles and giggles,
    Trinity

J
    J
    maybe this ESFP can lighten the mood up around here ^_^

I don't remember my exact letters... but I've taken the test 3 times in my life. In high school, In my first job we had to do it for employee orientation, Then in a later job a maniacle, freak of a boss, had us take them so he could pigeon hole and control us better.

Funny thing... got different results each time. And I probably never understood why until the last 3 years.

*In HS, I was depressed and had learned to mask so well, I played the game on ANY test.
    *In 1st job, recently married, independent, (made more than my huhsband), and optimistic about life.
    *In other job, cynical, angry, depression not responding to treatment.

So while I was/am gifted is some ways: imagery, symbolism, language metaphors, abstract things, big picture type things but with a perfectionist streak of crazy proportions, I failed miserably at memorization [almost didn't get into college b/c of the SAT (before written portion was there, OH I would have cleaned up)]. Oh, I made 4.0's and straight A's because I was a people-pleasing perfectionist but never could recall what I learned 3 months later. I ended up a freak as a English major/Math minor (b/c higher level math is abstract) and then a technical writer.

But now I KNOW why they kept changing...I was diagnosed Bipolar II a year ago. My brain and emotions shall always slip-slide between worlds of logic, language, emotion, and obsessiveness (all the makings of a good writer, no?) I suppose they don't make those tests with the mentally ill in mind. Hee Hee

JR.I'm neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I'm only very, very curious.-Einstein
    Jake,
    I was just reading that your profile is a great deal of fun, but that finding one's way to contribute can be very frustrating. I suspect that my mom is ESTP. She does very well at sales, but has to remind her self to be quiet and listen. Have you found a "professional" to advise you that is well versed in this type of perspective?

With Care,
    Trinity

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students