Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 99 guests, and 25 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 266 of 268 1 2 264 265 266 267 268
    E
    E
    Originally Posted by LazyMum
    Definitely affirming! She's worked hard, consistently, for a long time at the rehearsals, so finally 'getting there' feels great for her. She's very proud of herself. Plus, she's excited that her friends can come see what she's been working on for the better part of a year. smile
    Wishing her great success and fun (& bigger role offers if that is something that she would want)!

L
    L
    Thanks Eagle Mum! smile

E
    E
    DS later learned that he had to restrict his Encore audition submissions to the pieces he performed in his HSC practical exam 😕, which he has done, but it held him back from going full speed ahead now that he has finished school.

Now that that’s done, his first recent upload, in response to one of his subscriber’s requests, is his own arrangement of ‘All too well’, the original song by Taylor Swift:

I
    I
    This is awesome, Eagle Mum! What fun to watch, and enjoy seeing him being enveloped in his music. Thanks for sharing.
    smile

A
    aeh Offline
    A
    Lovely! It's particularly fun to see how much his music has grown just since the first upload to his channel.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...
    E
    E
    Originally Posted by indigo
    This is awesome, Eagle Mum! What fun to watch, and enjoy seeing him being enveloped in his music. Thanks for sharing.
    smile

Thank you again for your kind comments. I am so pleased that he is free to explore whatever he wants for the next three months. I’ve always carried burdens of other people’s expectations and I’m so happy that the kids have opportunities to explore the things that interest them. My eldest enjoyed a gap year and she benefitted in so many ways from having that time. We’re fortunate that we are able to also offer one to DS and he’s contemplating our offer.

E
    E
    Originally Posted by aeh
    Lovely! It's particularly fun to see how much his music has grown just since the first upload to his channel.

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.
    He started relatively late with music at around age 10, so his journey so far has only been seven years (hence channel name will change next year). He performed his first ever original composition ‘Scenes on a dirt bike ride’ in an eisteddfod at age 13 and the judge gave him a score of 93 (he was the only entrant in his division), but he is determined to transition from ‘cute amateur’ to ‘serious & mature’ in his composition, so we repeatedly offer him professional lessons but he is firmly independent. He is having a great time which is heartwarming to see.

E
    E
    DS has had a great year at uni as an enrolled R & D Engineering student, achieving straight HDs, including a second year maths function course he chose as an elective subject. He threw himself into college life as the choir pianist and member of the first grade running team, so, unfortunately, had little time for music composition (he also tutors to reduce his financial dependence on us even though I am keen to support him to free up his time). He is now back home between academic years with a bit more time on his hands (when not chauffeuring his younger sister around) and has just uploaded his performance of his arrangement of Ed Sheeran’s ‘Castle on the Hill’ on YouTube:

I
    I
    Fabulous!
    Great to listen to.
    Interesting to watch; he has some very fast hand movements.
    I am impressed.
    Thank you for sharing, Eagle Mum.
    smile

I like his music. Tutoring sounds like a fun job.

Page 266 of 268 1 2 264 265 266 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Detracking
    by indigo - 03/16/24 08:23 PM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by lll - 03/07/24 06:51 PM
    Chicago suburbs - private VS public schools
    by lll - 03/03/24 10:14 AM
    Patents and Trademarks and Rights, oh my...!
    by indigo - 03/02/24 01:03 PM
    529 savings for private high school?
    by lululo4321 - 02/27/24 05:28 PM