Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 314 guests, and 19 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    #249997 09/05/22 11:51 PM
    G
    GCN3030 Offline OP
    OP Offline
    G
    This evening I let my 5 year old son try out the free Prodigy Math app and he really likes it. The default goal in the app was to do 10 questions but he ended up blazing through 278 questions, completing 16% of the first grade curriculum and 1% of the second grade curriculum in a single session. It is mostly review for him thus far but I think it is great that he is practicing the basics in a structured way earning the badges one by one, building up confidence and experience as he goes through early material before he levels up into the more challenging topics with entirely new concepts (the app says it goes through 8th grade).

The free version doesn't have all the bells and whistles but it has all the educational content available which is the most important part. I might consider the paid version mainly for myself to have access to the premium parents section features.

They seem to have a similar English learning game too I might have my son check that out soon since he likes the math game so much.

Last edited by GCN3030; 09/06/22 07:20 AM.
    T
    Thu Offline
    T
    As a parent, I do not want to consider Prodigy as math enrichment for my kids. It is basically a game app and my child would spend more than half of their time playing games while only a small portion of time is used in math learning. Last month, we found Beestar as his teacher suggested to us. It is an online math resource that provides high-quality math. Not like Prodigy, the questions are interesting and not repetitive. My son likes it so much and I see his progress going on. I think it has been a great switch to Beestar.

T
    Thu Offline
    T
    As a parent, I do not want to consider Prodigy as math enrichment for my kids. It is basically a game app and my child would spend more than half of their time playing games while only a small portion of time is used in math learning. Last month, we found Beestar as his teacher suggested to us. It is an online math resource that provides high-quality math. Not like Prodigy, the questions are interesting and not repetitive. My son likes it so much and I see his progress going on. I think it has been a great switch to Beestar.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM