Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about the Davidson Academy’s online campus for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute
  • DITD FaceBook   DITD Twitter   DITD YouTube
    The Davidson Institute is on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

How gifted-friendly is
    your state?

Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update

Who's Online
    0 registered (), 0 Guests and 63 Spiders online.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Chaj, AlanLuiz, Jach, sharase lene, leviackermann
    11219 Registered Users
    September
    Su M Tu W Th F Sa
    1 2 3
    4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    11 12 13 14 15 16 17
    18 19 20 21 22 23 24
    25 26 27 28 29 30
    Topic Options
    #249797 - 06/06/22 12:32 PM Health concern overexcitabilities
    empleat Offline

Hello,

I need to tell you little bit about myself to explain..

I Am a philosopher and I was reading 16 hours day about everything that exists! I Am fascinated by everything to the point it is completely overwhelming! I used to see from 1 thing another 20 things instantly and from them another 20 things, that I never could do anything, because I have also insane SPD!

And that is while I used to have great short term memory (remembering everything from several pages, that is 4-11% of actual text, or learning like 5 minutes before quarterly test and having best grade in class in high school) but human can only focus on one thing at time! I had problem with prioritizing and was afraid to forget something!

I used to have new ideas so fast, I couldn't even remember them, that is yet with excellent working memory! They would constantly be popping into my head that I couldn't sleep even 3 hours!

... It can be from fascination (complete awe, or when experiencing beauty/unknown) or from strong emotions (I have also emotional OEs - my strongest). When it happens my whole brain activates (it is like I would feel every neuron activating, or feeling whole brain - not even kidding, or like lumps in my brain and electricity or something indescribable)!

That I start whooping like a little girl, literally I yell laugh

Problem is I don't think it is healthy! high intelligence risk for...

I have already extreme GAD and depression and super extreme stress^1 000 000 000. + non-removable stressors! And I also read I Am in risk for autoimmune disease, I already very likely Am suffering from inflammation! I will ask my GP, I read it should be discernible from bloodtest, nor sure about neuroinflammation tho!

Yet to add: I also even feel like pressure in my chest when it happens, or even little bit pain. It is literally so strong of a feeling! I Am extremely overexcitable! I feel pressure only sometimes and this didn't used to happen, this is from boredom I think. My whole brain hurts from boredom, as I have chronic pain last 6 years and I can't do anything remotely more interesting than a watching a wall, even if I wanted...

I Am not sure if it is not wearing out a brain, or a body! Besides stress and anxiety ofc. which are my major concerns right now!

I saw suffering of every person who ever lived from ancient ages until now and so much, it is so overwhelming! Some things cannot be described in words: it is impossible to communicate! They are so profound existential feelings:

Strongly recommend against reading these! Unless you are already bored, or depressed heavily and don't have existential boredom! Unless you want to evolve! Which may be better for everyone in the end, but I just don't know!

Boredom reexamined
    Existential Feelings

#249869 - 07/11/22 07:25 AM Re: Health concern overexcitabilities [Re: empleat]
    aeh Offline

I think your idea to speak to your GP about your presenting concerns is an excellent one. If you have a regular psychiatrist, they should also be in communication with both you and your GP, so everyone in your team is on the same page. (And if not, that might be someone to consider adding, given the impact of stress.) It will be helpful to them to hear all of the sensations you experience, especially since some of the changes in your attention, memory, experiences of flights of ideas and intense emotional and physical responses may have additional meaning in combination with your existing diagnoses.

Moderator:  M-Moderator 
    Recent Posts
    The ultimate brag thread
    by Eagle Mum
    Yesterday at 03:47 PM
    Introduction
    by indigo
    09/24/22 08:17 AM
    Math acceleration and teacher attitude questions
    by Eagle Mum
    09/24/22 06:05 AM
    How do you choose a profession?