Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 197 guests, and 13 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    I
    I
    Here's a good read, and parents may wish to share this with their children as well.

Black History 1619-2019
    An Illustrated and Documented African American History

by Sandra K. Yocum and Frances Presley Rice
    (2021)
    https://www.amazon.com/Black-History-1619-2019-Illustrated-African-American/dp/1557789444/

Interesting. Insightful. Controversial.

The authors also have a website: Yocum African American History Association (YAAHA): yocumblackhistory.org .
    Webpages include:
    - Lesson Plans,
    - Resources,
    - guest Blog posts, and
    - more information About the authors and founders of YAAHA.

I
    I
    "Person of Interest" by J. Warner Wallace (2021)
    Learn how to use an innovative and unique "fuse and fallout" investigative strategy that you can also use to examine other claims of history
    Detective J. Warner Wallace listened to a pastor talk about Jesus and wondered why anyone would think Jesus was a person of interest. Wallace was skeptical of the Bible, but he’d investigated several no-body homicide cases in which there was no crime scene, no physical evidence, and no victim's body.
    Join a cold-case detective as he uncovers the truth about Jesus using the same approach he employs to solve real murder cases
    link to book on amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Person-Interest-Jesus-Matters-Rejects/dp/0310111277/

related YouTube videos - https://www.youtube.com/c/ColdCaseChristianitywithJWarnerWallace

book website - https://personofinterestbook.com/

I
    I
    "How to Make Yourself Miserable" by Dan Greenburg and Marcia Jacobs (1966)

Dan Greenburg is a humorous satirist.

Summarizer, powered by Brave AI, describes the book this way:
    Originally Posted by Summarizer
    "How to Make Yourself Miserable" is a book by Dan Greenburg and Marcia Jacobs that describes self-destructive behaviors we all engage in. The authors believe that we manage the dreariness of our regular duties by looking towards THE WEEKEND.

1 The book is a funny and perceptive self-satire that makes us laugh out loud and realize the myriad of ways in which we undermine ourselves. The book suggests that we should dump behaviors that punish people for liking us. Instead, we should compare ourselves to ourselves and appreciate the progress we have made.

2 We should take a closer look at the areas where we aren't improving as much as we'd like and try to figure out why. Then, we should make a plan for how we can improve on those areas of our life.

First and second printings of this humorous, insightful vintage book are found listed on resale websites (such as abe books, amazon, ebay, etsy, thriftbooks).

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM