Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 591 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2
    M
    Mark D. Online Content OP
    OP Online Content
    M
    Hello everyone,

We�ve noticed an increase in posts on this forum disclosing results of IQ tests, often containing personally identifiable health/psychological information. Some of the IQ (and CogAT, etc.) threads are providing a level of detail that would allow posters and/or their children to be identified, and are approaching or surpassing the boundary of too much being disclosed. Our forum rules state that members must �be mindful when providing test scores or other detailed information.� We will be forced to delete posts/threads that contain personally identifiable information, so we ask that you please keep this in mind.

If seeking specific medical/psychological advice, we also recommend working with a professional with testing experience who can provide you with specific recommendations meant solely for your child. While members of this forum can provide their opinions, the background information they are receiving is very limited, with no way of knowing the best course of action for a particular student who is being discussed.

Thank you � please let me know if you have any questions.
    All best,
    Mark

K
    kjs Offline
    K
    Hi, I posted a question asking for help reading my son's WISC-IV scores a couple days ago. I don't see it posted and I assumed either the website ate the post or I just didn't click Submit and clicked away and didn't realize it. Can you tell me if my post was intentionally deleted? I understand if it was-I just would like to know. Thanks! (fwiw my pictures of his results don't have any personal info on them, so anyone I share them with will have no idea of his identity.)

K
    kjs Offline
    K
    No, there were no pictures or even links, I was just asking someone to help interpret the numbers and I would PM whoever was up for it. I think I just forgot to post it :P

P
    P
    I posted my child's score and had a question about acceptance into Davidson but don't see my post, was it not approved? I had no identifiable info in my post

Y
    Y
    Hello !
    I�m new here ,
    Need your help!

My son , he is in 4th grade now , took an assessment last year ( 3rd grade ) . It called NNAT3 ( intellectual ability category ) . And our district ( LAUSD) sent me his result , just one paper that says 99.7 ( percentile rank)
    They putted him on HGA program.
    How can I interpret his score ?
    Any information bout this test please

YanaZ.
    I
    I
    Yanaz - the local expert on this forum is aeh.

If you have detailed test scores, you may wish to contact aeh via the Private Message (PM) feature of the forum.

If you want to ask about the NNAT3, in general, a great way to do that is to start a new discussion thread.

You can also use the Advanced Search feature of the forum, to see if there are other posts over time, which provide the information you are seeking.

A
    aeh Offline
    A
    Welcome!

The difference in itself is not concerning. It is not unusual for very high cognition learners to have somewhat lower working memory, and in any case, the WMI is normatively quite high (technically in the Very High range), well above average, and bordering on the Extremely High (gifted) range. (Missing it by a mere two points.) Your evaluator's comment is entirely appropriate. I would not worry about it at all.

Your DC's scores are very strong all around. Have you considered applying to DYS? (It looks like the NVI is in the qualifying range.)

If you have other questions about the testing, you might consider posting them in a new thread specific to you.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...
    A
    A
    Thank you so much for the reply Aeh. It makes me relieved. Yes I plan to apply to DYS. DC has Only the scores of NVI working for him although GAI and FSIQ are only one point short. Not sure how it will go but no harm in trying.
    You are a treasure of information and I truly appreciate your response to each and every one.

R
    R
    We�ve noticed an increase in posts on this forum disclosing results of IQ tests, often containing personally identifiable health psychological information.

Some of the IQ and CogAT, etc. threads are providing a level of detail that would allow posters and/or their children to be identified, and are approaching or surpassing the boundary of too much being disclosed.

Our forum rules state that members must �be mindful when providing test scores or other detailed information.We will be forced to delete posts threads that contain personally

V
    V
    Aeh, I want to PM you for interpretation question. However it says you are at the limit. Is there anyway you could fix this please? Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM