Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 591 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    N
    N
    JudAU, that is disappointing that the local high schools didn't help out. Ours sent me not only the form, but a full practice SAT test, and information/sample questions for SAT Subject Tests too. Might have helped that they know me from my older kids, and that a number of kids in our district take the SAT as an above grade level test when they are in middle school.

tigerhog, maybe I should have added to make sure you ask a high school (or other institution) that is a testing center. If they don't offer the test, they may not have the paper forms. And be sure to ask for the guidance office - they are the ones who have the forms.

A
    aeh Offline
    A
    You might also consider walking into the school (agree you should check that they are a testing center first). It's much harder to refuse you a paper registration/practice test packet (which doesn't exactly cost them a bundle--nothing, actually) if you're standing in the guidance office.

And try local public libraries. They often have practice tests, and sometimes have paper registration materials. Don't forget many universities and community colleges are test sites, too, and may have paper registration materials somewhere in the test center.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...
    Doesn't Khan Academy have a ton of practice material?

Become what you are
    T
    OP Offline
    T
    Thanks all! I apologize, though, for not being clear about the SAT. I was totally joking when I mentioned about going in the test cold. My child had never received support from the school despite the TAG label. Therefore, I don’t think she learned enough to take the SAT. PSAT8/9 on the other hand, seem to be something she can do. I am hoping it will give us some idea about her achievement level for all things self-taught. And from what I read, that will have no bearing on her future so I was ok about her taking it unprepared.

Hopefully all the info I received about SAT will still be good in a few years!! 😄

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM