Greetings! We are fairly new to the area and recently started the process of looking at elementary schools. DS currently attends a catholic preschool, but we haven’t decided if we want to keep him in the school for K-8. Currently we live in Bellaire and are Zoned to Lovett Elementry. I was curious if anyone could share their experience with the vanguard program, whether a gifted magnet or the programs in a neighborhood school. What were your impressions? I’m concerned about his social adaptability and how that might impact his academic performance as well as his ability to build friendships. He already has a lot of anxiety with obsessive tendencies. He had some behavior issues at the beginning of the school year, but thanks to his teacher we have worked through most of those. He uses humor as a coping device when he is anxious or bored, which had been disruptive to the class. I’m partially asking because we haven’t yet bought a house, but I don’t want to pay more for a home in Bellaire (where we live now) if we are going to go the private school route anyway. But, if the vanguard program at our neighborhood school or at a magnet fits our needs, maybe that would be a better option... looking for any advice navigating Houston schools really. Thanks!!