Originally Posted by indigo
Originally Posted by philly103
My bet would be that if they studied communication styles within the group of leaders above IQ 130, there would be a correlation between better scores and leaders who used simpler language when communicating with their subordinates.
Agreed.

Related article here:
Science Says This Is the Optimal IQ to Be Considered a Good Leader...
subtitle: Research shows leaders perceived as the most successful today are only slightly smarter than those they lead
by J.T. O'Donnell for Inc.
Originally Posted by article
Given the average IQ of any group fluctuates between 100 to 110, the study indicates the optimum level of a successful leader's intelligence is no more than 1.2 standard deviations above the group mean (i.e., an I.Q. of around 120-125). In other words, a leader seen as too intelligent or competent actually struggles more at convincing people of his or her leadership ability.
Originally Posted by article
Talking Over People's Heads = Leadership Failure

According to Simonton and other researchers working in the field:
...overly intelligent leaders tend to put off potential followers by
(a) presenting "more sophisticated solutions to problems [which] may be much more difficult to understand"
(b) using "complex forms of verbal communication [and] expressive sophistication [that] may also undermine influence"
(c) coming across as too "cerebral" making them more likely to be seen as an "outsider" and not "one of us."

Related post here:
How are the parents doing? (Jan 2018)

Related, from Merriam-Webster's Word Of The Day:
Originally Posted by biblioklept
Definition: one who steals books

Biblioklept is, in at least some sense of the word, fairly useless. It is two syllables longer than book thief. It is also unlikely to be understood by some portion of the people with whom you use it, and so cannot be said to aid in communication. Happily, we do not have a merit based vocabulary, and words that are useless have the same rights of inclusion as do those that are useful.