Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links
DITD Logo

Learn about the Davidson Academy’s online campus for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S.

The Davidson Institute for Talent Development is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Davidson Fellows Scholarship
  • Davidson Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute
  • DITD FaceBook   DITD Twitter   DITD YouTube
    The Davidson Institute is on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

How gifted-friendly is
    your state?

Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update

Who's Online
    0 registered (), 0 Guests and 250 Spiders online.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Kassie, woodyhex, najamkareeem, Hutch, kayleeflemings
    10630 Registered Users
    October
    Su M Tu W Th F Sa
    1 2 3 4 5
    6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    13 14 15 16 17 18 19
    20 21 22 23 24 25 26
    27 28 29 30 31
    Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
    Topic Options
    #240902 - 01/04/18 09:24 PM Re: Do you know your MBTI type? [Re: aquinas]
    aeh Offline

I'm an INFP-A, but have consistently (for years, on multiple versions of the MBTI, including 16personalities--which, btw, is also my go-to free online version, when recommending to others) scored with only slight preferences in each of the primary categories. As part of my general policy of confounding expectations, you know. smile

There do appear to be a lot of -NT-s posting, so far. And not one S. Out of our massive single-digit sample. wink

#240903 - 01/04/18 09:37 PM Re: Do you know your MBTI type? [Re: aquinas]
    ElizabethN Offline

Loc: Seattle area
    With the caveat that I consider the MBTI to be the modern version of the horoscope, I think the most recent time I took it I was INTP. But only the N is stable - the other three have all flip-flopped over the years.

#240904 - 01/05/18 05:57 AM Re: Do you know your MBTI type? [Re: aquinas]
    RRD Offline

ENFP! I'm one of the few Fs on here. Though I'm not surprised that I'm an F, as I've always been one with "big emotions" and I am very much guided by them (often to my detriment and that of others).

#240905 - 01/05/18 06:12 AM Re: Do you know your MBTI type? [Re: RRD]
    aquinas Offline

Originally Posted By: RRD
    ENFP! I'm one of the few Fs on here. Though I'm not surprised that I'm an F, as I've always been one with "big emotions" and I am very much guided by them (often to my detriment and that of others).

I often score on the cusp of T/F, so I could probably fly under the radar as an ENFJ.

#245930 - 08/21/19 10:49 PM Re: Do you know your MBTI type? [Re: aquinas]
    Anisotropic Offline

INTP-T (97% I, 89% N, 88% T, 79% P, 85% T), but personality "types" are not supported by data to the same extent as trait-based models.
    The best description I've heard of the MBTI, especially the online knockoffs that most people wind up taking, is "astrology for nerds."

#245932 - 08/23/19 12:36 AM Re: Do you know your MBTI type? [Re: aquinas]
    indigo Offline

Not a fan. I've always thought of these as a bit of junk science, as I noticed that for most people the answers changed readily based on currents events and influences in their lives at the moment... much like taking a quiz in a teen magazine.

However I've worked for companies that spent vast sums on "training" which seemed to do little more than peg people and subsequently treat them not as individuals based on their actual actions and contributions but rather as stereotypes of their results, painting them with a broad brush. For example, annual reviews based not on actual behavior but on statements which sounded like the employer acting as thought-police: "People like you will..."

I'm also aware of companies which required these tests as part of the interview process despite the fact that the MBTI website states that it is UNETHICAL to use their test as a recruiting or selection tool.

In the US, public schools are increasingly moving toward "social-emotional" learning and recording data from various measures of students, similar to the MBTI. We're told this is being done in the name of SAFETY.. supposedly to predict behavioral tendencies and potential future behavior. I believe this is a dangerous trend and usurps citizen rights, guaranteed by the Constitution's Bill of Rights. People are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law... not until someone dislikes them, is suspicious of them, etc.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  M-Moderator 
    Recent Posts
    I am looking to get my child tested....WHERE?
    by indigo
    Yesterday at 05:33 PM
    School refusal - going with online school
    by sunnyday
    10/20/19 05:07 PM
    Ivy League Admissions.
    by Wren
    10/17/19 03:55 PM
    Accommodations - PSAT
    by greenlotus
    10/15/19 05:22 PM
    Testing for Dysgraphia in Middle School