Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 286 guests, and 16 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
    M
    M
    DD 3.2 is still on Tiny Wings phase. I am not so sure if she actually enjoys the game or it's all about refining her trash-talking skills.

G
    GGG Offline
    G
    Love this thread! So nice to celebrate the fun ways our kids enjoy life!
    DS 2.5 alphabet (anything pertaining, writing, sounds, making objects into letter shapes, finding letters in natural objects), anatomy (really into bones and the skeleton and digestive system), construction materials, friends and how they play.
    Preschoolers are so cute.

M
    M
    Dd 3.5 Nursery rhymes - she will sit and listen to nursery rhymes for hours and then give concerts, then we all have to act them out. Like you be humpty and ill be the all the kings horses etc. woe betide any one who misses their mark!
    Also big on rescuing right now. Dd found a CPR card in my purse and now we have to save all her toys from certain death. It's weirdly cute though, you just hear her yelling woo woo for the ambulance and she brings a toy to save.

A
    A
    Originally Posted by Mahagogo5
    Dd 3.5 Nursery rhymes - she will sit and listen to nursery rhymes for hours and then give concerts, then we all have to act them out. Like you be humpty and ill be the all the kings horses etc. woe betide any one who misses their mark!
    Also big on rescuing right now. Dd found a CPR card in my purse and now we have to save all her toys from certain death. It's weirdly cute though, you just hear her yelling woo woo for the ambulance and she brings a toy to save.

You should check out the poetry book "Alligator Pie". It would be a hit, I'm sure.

What is to give light must endure burning.
    M
    M
    thanks for the tip - I'm from New Zealand so it doesn't seem like I can get a copy ($75 on Amazon was the lowest!) shame though - looks great!

M
    M
    Ahh on to mazes now .....

M
    M
    Speaking of nursery rhymes, this book was a huge hit with DD:

http://www.amazon.com/What-Really-H...&keywords=what+really+happened+to+humpty

DD's love affair with jazz continues. Her new favorite CD is Love Supreme by John Coltrane.

I asked her what she was going to ask for Christmas this year and she only wants one thing: a human skeleton that she can assemble and take apart. I assume she means a plastic model as opposed to a real one.

So, she is beside herself happy that there are skeletons everywhere because of Halloween. It gives her ample opportunities to practice naming bones.

I honestly don't know what to make of it but I don't think Santa can afford a $600 life-size skeletal model this year.

A
    A
    Originally Posted by Mahagogo5
    thanks for the tip - I'm from New Zealand so it doesn't seem like I can get a copy ($75 on Amazon was the lowest!) shame though - looks great!

Want me to scan you my copy and send you a PDF? $75 is outrageous.

A
    A
    Originally Posted by Mana
    Speaking of nursery rhymes, this book was a huge hit with DD:

http://www.amazon.com/What-Really-H...&keywords=what+really+happened+to+humpty

DD's love affair with jazz continues. Her new favorite CD is Love Supreme by John Coltrane.

I asked her what she was going to ask for Christmas this year and she only wants one thing: a human skeleton that she can assemble and take apart. I assume she means a plastic model as opposed to a real one.

So, she is beside herself happy that there are skeletons everywhere because of Halloween. It gives her ample opportunities to practice naming bones.

I honestly don't know what to make of it but I don't think Santa can afford a $600 life-size skeletal model this year.

Mana, if your DD's fine motor skills are strong, I've seen desktop anatomical models for around $20:
    http://www.hometrainingtools.com/small-human-skeleton-model/p/CM-SKELSML/

Here's. 34" plastic model for $55:
    http://www.hometrainingtools.com/human-skeleton-model-34/p/CM-SKELN33/

At the same site, you can also buy x-ray negatives!

M
    M
    aquinas, I didn't see your last reply until now. Thank you for the recommendations. smile

I've looked into various desk top models but DD really wants something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Anatomical-Ch...ndustrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1385253113&sr=1-33

She wants all the bones numbered and she wants there to be a corresponding chart. I haven't found anything like that thus far and I have a feeling that even if I could find one, it'd be way out of our price range. I think most models need to be assembled at major joins but they aren't fully disarticulated.

So, I talked her into asking Santa for an anatomy model rather than a skeleton model. It went on sale yesterday so this would have to do until we can upgrade:

http://www.amazon.com/SmartLab-Toys...85253717&sr=8-1&keywords=human+model+toy

A new obsession of DD is the DragonBox. She is freaking me out since she seems to know more algebra/math than the app is teaching her.

Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM