Hi - I'm trying to pull together just a few top articles on gifted kids/2e kids for my DS12's IEP team -- we're meeting on Thurs.

Long story short, he's having a rough transition to middle school (ie, new team to me and to him), and was with a social pragmatics teacher who was not a great fit so they are transitioning him over to a school psych who might be. I agree with the move; I've met the psych very briefly and my initial impression was that she was someone DS would respond well to. In addition to the personality fit, I think having a one-on-one (despite losing some of the social pragmatics practice opportunities of being paired with another student) will be better for him, as it will allow them to address whatever happens to be happening at the moment, not just work from a canned curriculum.

But I have no idea how much this person knows about gifted kids, or about 2e kids. Overall I have found very few folks in my district have any knowledge (I"m in MA, no G&T mandates). Generally, however, people are receptive to learning.

I'm meeting with the team Thurs, to make the service switch official. I was thinking I'd bring a couple of articles to share. Good idea? Also, do you think I should ask to meet with the psych separately (that was my thought...)?

In case it helps, DS's profile is GAI of 148 with a 60 point spread between highest (Verbal - 157) and lowest (processing speed). He has some sensory issues, possible mild visual processing issues, and some social skills deficits. He can be highly volatile emotionally, and lacks the filter of keeping it in (as one very dear friend put it -- he's "an authentic person", always is who he is, no matter what). Organizationally he's a disaster (but so am I, so...).

Any advice or assistance is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!