Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 206 guests, and 24 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    L
    OP Offline
    L
    Hi all,
    I'm a new member to this forum though I've been lurking for some time. This isn't my first post as I had already jumped in and posted in another thread to answer some questions. I tend to do that. Forgive me.

I just want to say it's really nice to have finally found a forum where I can meet other parents facing many of the similar issues we faced with our gifted child. Thank you to you all for sharing your opinions and experiences. It's so nice to finally find my peeps.

I also want to say I am a bit confused by the organization of this forum. Almost every thread looks like it could've gone into several other forums, as they are all related to gifted issues. For example, the thread "Texas boy 12, preps for life at Cornell" could've been in Learning Environment, Parenting and Advocacy, General Discussion or Age or Ability Specific Forums. I never remember which forum I last posted in or last saw an interesting thread in unless the thread shows up in "Recent Posts". Am I the only one confused by this organization? Might it be easier to just combine them all into one or two major forums? Anyway just a suggestion.

Last edited by LoveSunnyDays; 08/10/16 01:10 PM.
    I
    I
    Welcome!

Glad we're your new peeps, you are our new peep, too. smile

Yes, many discussion threads would be equally at home in several of the forum topics. I believe the larger number of forum topics was established to assist posters with "advanced search" as I believe a maximum of 200 results are displayed at once. Isolating a search by forum topic can, then, at times be helpful.

Many discussion subjects tend to repeat over time, as there are always new people on the forums, it can be difficult to find some old discussion threads on a particular subject, and the experiences of posters may change over time.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM