Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 656 guests, and 13 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 99 of 102 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 102
    R
    RRD Offline
    R
    When he tells you that he has a lot of questions, like why is he here, and what would life be like without him, and why are there shapes, and why is there school, and so on and so on. Oh, and he's still only 6. Philosophical, much?

M
    M
    DD5 kept on the end of HP movie 2 over and over. I asked her why and she replied "Emancipation of Dobby. I am so happy for him."

S
    S
    Your 5 year old easily completes and wins the 4th grade computer game at the library (involving multiplication, division, 3 digit addition, subtraction, and fractions) and then immediately starts playing the Go Diego Go game that is supposed to help preschoolers learn to recognize numbers from 1 to 10...

R
    RRD Offline
    R
    Your DS6 does/says the following in a span of two days:

1. Explains that he is "nervous but excited" about going to "spy camp" (at which they are learning about codes, forensics, etc.).

2. Says that he doesn't understand why some of the kids aren't "interested during class" at spy camp.

3. Says that he's not making friends at spy camp because he's too busy learning.

4. On an unrelated subject, launches into the possible geological explanations for the formation of an island.

C
    C
    DS10 is like a magnet for other quirky gifted kids.

Last night during his team's throwing warm up he's discussing radioactive elements, which ones exist naturally and the periodic table numbers of the various elements with his throwing partner (also age 10). They were both right into it.

Same thing happened on his hockey team this year. What are the odds that he keeps finding these kids? There must be some invisible force at work wink

A
    aquinas Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    Originally Posted by SAHM
    Your 5 year old easily completes and wins the 4th grade computer game at the library (involving multiplication, division, 3 digit addition, subtraction, and fractions) and then immediately starts playing the Go Diego Go game that is supposed to help preschoolers learn to recognize numbers from 1 to 10...

Oh my, yes!!!

What is to give light must endure burning.
    A
    aquinas Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    I love all of these!

Here's one of my own for DS4.5. He had to attend a medical appointment yesterday and was thoroughly enjoying asking the nurse questions during intake, like what the hospital does to dispose of the biohazard sharps containers. Do they use an autoclave? A disinfectant? Fire? Can any of the pieces be re-used, or is it all irretrievable? How does the oxygen saturation monitor work? The two of them were having a great conversation.

Enter condescending medical resident, who proceeds to treat DS like a lump of clay and attempts to examine him with an otoscope without first asking his permission. DS grabs the otoscope, says, "I don't think so," unscrews the head of the otoscope from the handle, and hands her the pieces. She stares at him agog. I explain to her, "You need patient consent from children, just like adults." I was secretly laughing inside at DS' move. I didn't even know you could disassemble an otoscope that quickly!

What is to give light must endure burning.
    LAF Offline
    Love this story smile

Your DD who is 3 years accelerated in Maths gets the highest score (out of those taking it this year) on the regional HS Honours Geometry pre-screening test.

Become what you are
    P
    P
    woohoo makeinuk's DD!

Page 99 of 102 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 102

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM