Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 286 guests, and 16 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    H
    H
    My second grader just took the CTY SCAT at the Prometrics in Seattle. It was almost completely stress-free. She thought it was cool to take the test with adults, and their security was great - she sat at the study carrel right next to the viewing window and I was required to sign her in and out for the break.

Still waiting on results with fingers crossed! But as I said to her, it doesn't matter how you did on the test, because a lot of what a test informs us is how well you can take tests!

D
    OP Offline
    D
    Awesome... My biggest concern was the testing facility. So you put my mind at ease... Thanks!

J
    J
    My son took the test and said it was fun. However, I was a bit stunned that they wanded him, had him turn his pockets inside out, and he had to lift up his pant legs and sleeves. Then, he came out between tests to see me and they did a second body search.

H
    H
    Yes, they do wand everyone, to make sure they don't have cell phones/devices, but it's less invasive than a TSA wand experience.

I agree on the fun-ness - my daughter had a blast taking the test.

One suggestion: we went during a really slow time - when you check the Prometrics calendar, go for the hours when most people are at work or not wide awake yet. We went first thing in the morning and there were only 2 other people in a facility that serves ~25.

Originally Posted by JessicaJune
    My son took the test and said it was fun. However, I was a bit stunned that they wanded him, had him turn his pockets inside out, and he had to lift up his pant legs and sleeves. Then, he came out between tests to see me and they did a second body search.

Cheats suck - I am saddened that there is now a need to have such stringent measures but gladdened that they have the intestinal fortitude to adopt them.

Become what you are
    Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM