Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 591 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    B
    OP Offline
    B
    He takes his first AP test tomorrow & another next week. PLUS he signed himself up for this weekends SAT test. I tried to get him to take the SAT in June, but he is 17 and has OPINIONS.

He is annoyed at the college board accommodations that I & the school psychologists got him. He thinks the extra time is going to be wasted time and it's going to be boring, particularly for Calculus. That he is going to be forced to sit with nothing to do for all that extra time. (IDK we will see how it goes.) I keep trying to tell him that many of his friends would LOVE to have the extra time and to take advantage of it.

The most annoying part is his school has dropped the ball about where/when he takes the SAT. He was giving the accommodation of using a computer to write the essay. He does NOT want this accommodation, but because of it he is scheduled to take the SAT as school based. It seems they didn't realize they would be handling the proctoring until I emailed this week. It's a big mess. I can see why he is frustrated. If he only had the extra time, he would be taking it at the same location as everyone else. I'm just ranting. (Here because I don't have a lot of other places to rant about this.) Wish I had know it was going to be this much of a PITA & might have worked harder to get college board to drop that particular accommodation earlier. Maybe we can get it handled properly if he needs to take it again next fall.

E
    E
    I have definitely noticed that my DS prefers the accommodations that let him off the hook for things (extra time, excused absences, etc.) that the active ones that require him to do MORE instead of less.

smirk

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM