Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 259 guests, and 15 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    J
    Jewel Offline OP
    OP Offline
    J
    I could really use some guidance, and this board has always been great for that.

DC will be 8 in mid-June. We would like to have private WISC-V testing done by someone who has experience testing kids who may be/are gifted (i.e., those who demonstrate many of the characteristics of the gifted). DC has gifted-identified older siblings, but they were not tested until 5th grade in both cases, respectively. They missed several years of gifted pull-outs and other school activities, and I do not want that for our youngest DC. I would like to have DC tested in the very near future, so results are available to the school before late April. (That's when most decisions for the following year are made at our school.)

I checked Hoagies and found 1-2 psychs in our general vicinity, so I will contact them. I also sent an inquiry to Belin-Blank at U of Iowa, because we are in the Greater Kansas City area and we could drive to BB. It appears they have a waiting list at the moment, but I'm going to call next week to confirm.

If anyone has other suggestions, I'd appreciate the help. We are willing to drive (within reason), because I'd like DC to work with someone who is experienced in dealing w/gifted kids. I've read that one can contact nearby universities to see if they offer testing, but I'm not sure where to even start with that. I envisioned testing during mid-to-late March, when DC will be out of school for Spring Break.

I had actually posted this question for an older DC several years ago. We just did not have time/money to travel & test, but I really wish we would have done that in hindsight. When the school finally tested that DC, the scores were quite high and I kicked myself for not having that DC tested on my own. For this DC, I'm not going to wait around for something to happen. Time/money are still issues, but I feel it's important to make the investment.

Thanks!

A
    A
    Jewel,

I pm'ed you.

J
    Jewel Offline OP
    OP Offline
    J
    ajinlove, thank you very much. I just responded to your PM.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM