Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 243 guests, and 17 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 90 of 102 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 101 102
    A
    aquinas Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    Such a cool girl, Avocado! Good for you for making those kinds of people available to her! smile

What is to give light must endure burning.
    A
    A
    Yes, she's AWESOME. And I do love we can go to things like that - she loves going to university smile Last time was in among the 20 year olds at an open day playing with their 3D animation systems (and because she's so cute they all let her go first, haha). Meanwhile the school doesn't want to accelerate her because she doesn't recall her two-times-tables fast enough … laugh Hilarious really

M
    M
    Originally Posted by aquinas
    Originally Posted by CoachNTaxi
    ...your DS2 tries to put a glow necklace on you, but when it gets stuck on your head, he quips, "Mommy, you look like a planet."

Aww! You must look out of this world! wink

my ds 2.5 told me I look like Benny from ABBA last night, despite the fact that I have more than a passing resemblance to Agnitha, sigh. I think /I would have preferred a planet!

D
    D
    When your husband has added too much water to his morning coffee plunger, and when it overflows DS6 says, "Displacement Dad"

When your child consistently selects characters from mythology, the arts, or literature for the subject of dress up or Halloween. Yes, the costume-which-must-be-explained-in-detail. {sigh}

This year it's The Snow Maiden. She looks amazing... but already knows that it's mostly going to be lost on everyone else. She might be anything from Elsa to Marylin Monroe, and the guesses are likely to be that far afield, if past experience is anything to go by.

Back in the day at Harry Potter parties, it was Fleur... (which, once explained, got looks of downright AWE because it was that good a costume-- DD liked it for the "No Fairy Princess" quote from the books, however).

This one is another one that good, but even more obscure. DD has a reputation of being a "cold fish" among her more volatile college peers, particularly in theater. Perfect.

But obscure. I figured this is a place filled with other parents who can identify-- and just noting that they never really grow out of it! smile

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.
    M
    M
    That's too funny. I think our DD's are on a similar wavelength. Mine gets too shy to do the follow through right now but I can see that coming to an end soon.

There is hope, by the way-- her college bestie immediately not only "got" it, but found it incredibly clever on every level that she'd intended (if you're familiar with the opera, it's an interesting metaphor for being PG). He also said that she looks "amazing," (and she does, dressed in pale blue and white, and all covered in frosty glitter). smile

There are a few other unicorns in this world of ponies. No surprise that this is another accelerated math-plus double-major, huh?

Our kiddos may never have a complete tribe to call their own, but they do have friends that understand what it is like to live this way.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.
    I
    I
    When DD was 7, she dressed as Frodo, and recited the entire "one ring to rule them all" poem at every house. Much to the amusement or bewilderment of the adults each time.

T
    T
    Ach, Frodo would get a LOT of loot at our house...

I'd probably hand the "one ring" kid the entire bowl and turn out the porch light. laugh

Page 90 of 102 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 101 102

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM