Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 167 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 89 of 102 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 101 102
    LAF Offline
    this morning my 8 year old dd was talking to me, usually she is very girly about stuff and the subjects she wants to talk about reflect that, but this morning as I shifted my attention to what she was telling me I realized that she was talking about biomes, two different types, and how their weather patterns differed..

P
    P
    First day of school DD's teacher at OOD spec Ed school decided they needed a "class motto". Off the top of her head DD10 suggested "We walk the road of individuality yet we are all one."

Walking around the school during yesterday's ice cream social I saw this is now hung outside the classroom door, quoting DD as if it were from a famous historic figure. She doesn't see what all the fuss is about...

A
    aquinas Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    Originally Posted by Pemberley
    First day of school DD's teacher at OOD spec Ed school decided they needed a "class motto". Off the top of her head DD10 suggested "We walk the road of individuality yet we are all one."

Walking around the school during yesterday's ice cream social I saw this is now hung outside the classroom door, quoting DD as if it were from a famous historic figure. She doesn't see what all the fuss is about...

How articulate and insightful!

What is to give light must endure burning.
    A
    aquinas Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    DS-almost-4 on having built a 3D structure out of magformers that looks convincingly like an imperial star destroyer from Star Wars:

"It looks deceptively like an imperial star destroyer, but it's actually an abstract representation of Luke Skywalker."

LAF Offline
    Originally Posted by aquinas
    DS-almost-4 on having built a 3D structure out of magformers that looks convincingly like an imperial star destroyer from Star Wars:

"It looks deceptively like an imperial star destroyer, but it's actually an abstract representation of Luke Skywalker."

Love this!!

C
    C
    ...your DS2 tries to put a glow necklace on you, but when it gets stuck on your head, he quips, "Mommy, you look like a planet."

E
    E
    Your first grader is selected to represent his school at the State Legislative Education Day to lobby for gifted programs. He will be meeting with the Senator and Representative from our district as well.

A
    aquinas Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    Originally Posted by CoachNTaxi
    ...your DS2 tries to put a glow necklace on you, but when it gets stuck on your head, he quips, "Mommy, you look like a planet."

Aww! You must look out of this world! wink

What is to give light must endure burning.
    A
    A
    Originally Posted by Ellie
    Your first grader is selected to represent his school at the State Legislative Education Day to lobby for gifted programs. He will be meeting with the Senator and Representative from our district as well.

Fancy!

A
    A
    When your 8 year old DD manages to startle the Professor of Astrophysics at Oxford University by asking him about the effects of dark matter and dark energy on gravitational microlensing and detecting transits when searching for planets laugh I'm sure he thought she was going to ask about kittens in space

Page 89 of 102 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 101 102

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM