Hoping someone here may have some insight - DS7 has been diagnosed with DCD (dyspraxia), convergence insufficiency (he's in vision therapy) and has some sensory issues. Lately he has been making a lot of repetitive sounds - sometimes just sounds (like blowing raspberries or similar), and sometimes he'll say phrases over and over again, or sing a line from a song over and over. Generally he just seems to like to make a lot of noise (although ironically he doesn't like loud noises and often covers his ears).

If you ask him to stop he will (usually) but it seems hard for him to stop and he often tells me he can't. My brother had Tourettes growing up, so I know the whole 'stop it - I can't' thing. But this doesn't seem like a tic, necessarily, and I haven't noticed any physical tics.

It feels like a sensory issue, maybe? I'm really not sure if it's something we should have looked at, or maybe it's in the range of normal and he'll grow out of it.

He did have many ear infections when younger and still has tubes in his ears (last time we checked his hearing was fine).

Any insights appreciated!