Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 318 guests, and 27 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 87 of 102 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 101 102
    C
    C
    When your 3 years old write the multiplication tables of 16, 17, 18, 19 and told you that twelves of 1/144 equals 1/12 when he just turns 4.

T
    T
    She tries to engage the checkout clerk at the grocery store in a discussion of realism in Norman Rockwell's paintings.

T
    T
    Originally Posted by Ellie
    Your 6 year old tells you that going to his gifted classroom from his regular classroom is like going from living with the Dursleys to live with Sirius Black.

If this isn't all kinds of awesome, I don't know what is!

C
    C
    Five days into kindergarten, your child declares "I can't wait for first grade." Why, you ask "Because I want CHALLENGING homework."

(And here I was, being glad that it was so simple it was being completed before leaving school, not personally being a believer in homework at those grade levels...)

T
    T
    Originally Posted by ConnectingDots
    Five days into kindergarten, your child declares "I can't wait for first grade." Why, you ask "Because I want CHALLENGING homework."

(And here I was, being glad that it was so simple it was being completed before leaving school, not personally being a believer in homework at those grade levels...)

Whereas my first grader just told me he was not so excited about going to the first grade because it is that much closer to going to college. He is really scared of the fact that he will have to leave home for college.

C
    C
    Originally Posted by Thomas Percy
    Originally Posted by ConnectingDots

Whereas my first grader just told me he was not so excited about going to the first grade because it is that much closer to going to college. He is really scared of the fact that he will have to leave home for college.

Oh... I know how that goes, too! Our ODS was terrified by the thought until just recently (he's nine now). The younger one says he is going to move with us to the place he wants to attend college. So maybe that's a solution for your son, too? ;-)

T
    T
    I did tell him that he could just attend the state college locally so that he can come home every week. I am not sure weekly visit is enough comfort for him because he keeps bringing it up.

C
    C
    smile DS has told us many, many times that he is never going to move out. Now that he's 9 he has said that he *might* consider moving next door (as an adult). Maybe.

In the last couple of weeks he's really latched onto the fact that you don't HAVE to be an adult to go to University. He's been obsessed about exactly what one must do to get to go to University and how young the youngest possible age is.... I'm a bit fearful about where his thoughts are going on this one.

Last edited by chay; 08/31/15 12:31 PM.
    A
    A
    When your DD has to do a timeline of her life for school, and it includes things like:

18 months old: First time correcting mum

Haha laugh

C
    C
    DS9 intends never to move out and is only willing to go to university because I told him he could go to our local university and live at home. Glad to have company in this boat. Thomas Percy you could tell him that he'll probably be able to do his undergrad on a computer in your basement by then!

Page 87 of 102 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 101 102

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM