Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 591 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 86 of 102 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 101 102
    LAF Offline
    Mahagogo5 that's hilarious. Reminds me of the Far Side cartoon where the kid says "May I be excused, my brain is full"..

C
    C
    Originally Posted by Mahagogo5
    Your child's teacher thought it was adorable that she got up in the middle of class and announced that she'd had enough of school thanks very much and if it wasn't too much trouble she'd be leaving now. Thankfully brilliant teacher figured out dd thought the math was too hard and managed to convince her that some effort might be worth her time.

That's priceless!

C
    C
    Your second child (not yet tested) announces to you that he will be in first grade when he is five (is starting K at five in the fall, this prediction will not come true without an acceleration). Then, after you say, "well, perhaps, if you learn all there is to learn right away for K," asserts that "I'm going to just go ahead and go all the way through grade 8 next year."

T
    T
    Originally Posted by amylou
    So we're eating lunch in a restaurant with our 15 yo twins, having an long and animated discussion about possible causes of the unusual seasonal cycles in Westeros (Game of Thrones). The discussion gets a bit heated when it digressed into the effect of the moon on the tilt of the earth's axis.

As we were leaving the restaurant, a woman eating by herself two tables down pulled me aside and said, "I overheard your conversation and I am a retired gifted teacher -- I sure hope those kids go to a good school!"

Love it!
    You know, the unrealistic season thing really bothers me about ASOIAF. However, I think GRRM once commented on it to the tune of "it's fantasy, fgs!"

C
    CCN Offline
    C
    Originally Posted by Can2K
    Unfortunately for us, we've gone and sent the kids to French immersion, so that option is out. :-(

Good thing they haven't yet hacked into our emails!!

LOL same here. They're both better at it than me now, so...

Spanish is out (for me to learn and use) because DS11 has a buddy from Chile who is teaching him Spanish...

Last edited by CCN; 07/24/15 10:53 AM.
    E
    E
    Your 6 year old tells you that going to his gifted classroom from his regular classroom is like going from living with the Dursleys to live with Sirius Black.

Originally Posted by Ellie
    Your 6 year old tells you that going to his gifted classroom from his regular classroom is like going from living with the Dursleys to live with Sirius Black.
    Liking this so hard!

T
    T
    Originally Posted by Ellie

Loving it, actually.

S
    S
    Love it!

C
    C
    Our local library has a summer reading program where kids get one marble for each book they read to put in the marble run contraption that they have at the desk.

This is the first week that we've done it and DD6 gets her marbles and looks at the setup for 5 seconds and determines that it is stupid because there is no way for the marble to go through two of the sections. The library worker then comes over to see what she is talking about and eventually realizes she is right and they rebuild it so it will. The funniest part was that they worker started off by arguing with her and then realized that she was actually right. I'm used to being outsmarted by my kids but it is always fun to see the look on other adults faces when it happens to them smile

Page 86 of 102 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 101 102

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM