Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 600 guests, and 19 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Ok, just you so you hate me even more, the LEGO Education Resource kit can't be beat as an add on to the NXT retail kit. The bicycle tires which come with it are too cool. You're half way to Christmas. Then there'll probably be a sale on the rechargeable battery packs for the NXT.

http://www.legoeducation.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=1277

When I bought this kit it was $59 but w/ the sinking dollar, all the LEGO kits are rising in price. This kit will also fit into the tackle box I bought.

OH I see the storage bin that comes w/ the education set. No, the retail kit comes in a rinky dinky box which most tear apart trying to get the parts out of it.

If you can, be very careful and you can remove the box which holds the sensors. That box is glued to the bigger box. If you remove that little box intact, it's perfect for sitting in the top of a tackle box and prevents the sensors from knocking around when not in use.

Also, if you receive some package which has foam rectangles for filler, I cut a square out of that which snuggly fits the NXT brick and such so they don't bang around the top of the tackle box. It was 1inch thick foam that was 2ftx1ft which came in a package.

This guys sells storage cases that me makes and puts those little pictures of the parts inside. http://www.roboticslearning.com/store/storage-nxt-fll It's pricey though. I liked that storage bin but couldn't find it in any stores and the shipping was astronomical. I just went to a hunting,fishing store and bought one.

K
    K
    Dazey - your pushing me to the edge! We have an NXT (my husband is not the best at sharing it either. ). The extra stuff would be awesome! This would be great for DS to give to DH for x-mas right? (justifying ... justifying ...)

I have the compass sensor as well which is fun to play with. Since we're a big soccer family, I'd like to get the infrared sensor and IR ball since we have two NXTs, we can have family Robocup Soccer matches!

I have the old LEGO Ed thermometer for the NXT but heard that LEGO ed has made a new one which hooks directly to NXT and will be more metal to withstand chemicals and higher/lowertemps - gosh darn it.

Dazey,

I don't think you realize this, but you have just become my NXT advisor!
    grin

Aha, DH's birthday is coming up. The girls can give it to HIM for his birthday to work with them on! wink

Kim, you brilliant thing! shocked

Perfect plan!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone posted at the NXTSTep blog that LEGO shop at home is now bundling the rechargeable battery pack and charger for $55! I think I got mine on sale and it was $70!

I hope that's a new price, not a sale price! I'm not buying anything else for awhile, although I do know we should purchase it.

I told DD8 I ordered it for Dad's birthday from her and her sister and she was super excited. She also loves being in on the scam , I mean secret.

LEGO Engineering has a new science curriculum. here's the link http://www.legoengineering.com/inde...mp;view=article&id=92&Itemid=144

NXT-G 2.0 has been released and available for purchase through LEGO Education. It offers data logging capabilities as was found in the software for RCX system. So all the stuff we've done by hand in Excel can be done in NXT-G.

NXT-G 2.0 LEGO Education

Here is a tutorial for the new data logging function of NXT-G.
    NXT-G 2.0 Tutorial

Why yes, I just saw that. Why can't those darn lego people let me get caught up with the current stuff before they release cool NEW stuff! mad cry wink grin

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM