Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 186 guests, and 12 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    Grinity #2184 02/27/07 02:08 PM
    S
    stbmom Offline OP
    OP Offline
    S
    He is not a really picky eater. We really try to have him eat mostly healthy and if he doesn't like something we don't really force the issue. There have definitely been times when my meals have "missed the mark" even for me. If he doesn't like what is served for dinner, we give him yogurt and/or fruit - so I don't cook another meal just for him or anything like that.
    He is a total meat eater, but also likes broccoli, green beans, and really likes fruit - so we are lucky in that respect. But, we also don't offer him things that are really unhealthy - he has never been given cookies, soda, or even juice that isn't 100% and diluted with water. We definitely know he can't live in a bubble and will have other things some time in life - but he is only 16 months so he really doesn't need anything really bad at this point.

I "would" pick out my clothing a week ahead, but looks like I will be getting bigger on a daily basis - so even the best laid plans might be unfullfilled smile

I did go to the fly lady website and will be better able to really organize once we find out the sex of the babies. I have a ton of my son's old things kind of "waiting" for the verdict!

Grinity #2185 02/27/07 07:51 PM
    J
    J
    Congradulations!

I do the weekly menus too and it really helps. I also try to make one thing each week that generates a "freezer meal". A freezer meal is something you can thaw and use to make a 15 minute meal - like frozen homemade soup, with some bread, salad from a bag, and fresh fruit or veggies.

Good luck and get lots of sleep now because soon you won't get any! wink
    Jill

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM