Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 155 guests, and 15 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    #216910 05/24/15 08:09 PM
    C
    cammom Offline OP
    OP Offline
    C
    Just some levity to start the summer to people who can relate... My DS8 with ADHD has (to completely underestimate the situation) in-depth knowledge of a variety of eclectic topics. Space, spiders, all deadly animals, natural disasters, the relative strengths of his Magic the Gathering playing cards, how much time it takes to wash all of the windows of the Burj Khalifa, etc.

Tonight in the car he said, "I love to talk on long car rides with you and daddy. Because, for you, there is no escape."

cammom #216914 05/24/15 09:45 PM
    L
    L
    YES! That is my DD8!

cammom #216927 05/25/15 10:25 AM
    Tuck that one away, turn it inside out, and pull it back out when he's about six years older. LOL. whistle I do.

Just saying-- this is a fact that most PARENTS of teens also make ample use of, I must say. In-the-car is the BEST opportunity for sticky topics that they don't want to hear, or would walk away from.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.
    HowlerKarma #216930 05/25/15 12:59 PM
    C
    cammom Offline OP
    OP Offline
    C
    Originally Posted by HowlerKarma
    Tuck that one away, turn it inside out, and pull it back out when he's about six years older. LOL. whistle I do.

Just saying-- this is a fact that most PARENTS of teens also make ample use of, I must say. In-the-car is the BEST opportunity for sticky topics that they don't want to hear, or would walk away from.

Thanks for the tip HowlerKarma- the "no escape" is a two way street! It was a humorous moment of insight for DS. I would have said in the past that DS has no awareness of his unrelenting talking, but now I'm re-thinking this assumption.

HowlerKarma #216931 05/25/15 01:05 PM
    B
    B
    Originally Posted by HowlerKarma

This is a big disadvantage of my DS16 getting his driver's license. In the past month I suddenly know a lot less about what is going on in his life.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM