Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 195 guests, and 32 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    M
    Mana Offline OP
    OP Offline
    M

Last edited by Mana; 09/10/16 02:00 AM.
    D
    D
    I'm so glad you got answers! Satisfying, isn't it? smile

L
    L
    Mana, very happy for you and your delightful dd. I get the feeling from your other posts that you have some concerns about school. Hopefully, your are pleasantly surprised and your dd continues to be happy and still learn at her rate. All the best!

P
    P
    Glad you got the results. It doesn't mean you aren't crazy and/or narcissistic though smile

D
    D
    It feels good to get validation that you actually do know your child the best. It sound like you are on the right track for your dd!

M
    Mana Offline OP
    OP Offline
    M
    Originally Posted by daytripper75
    I'm so glad you got answers! Satisfying, isn't it? smile

Yes, it really is. I feel like a cloud that was stuck in my brain has finally lifted off.

The results won't change how I feel about DD or our relationship. I certainly won't be expecting more out of her but I do feel more at peace and it is satisfying to know that I was not way off target about my own child. smile

M
    Mana Offline OP
    OP Offline
    M
    Originally Posted by Lovemydd
    Mana, very happy for you and your delightful dd. I get the feeling from your other posts that you have some concerns about school. Hopefully, your are pleasantly surprised and your dd continues to be happy and still learn at her rate. All the best!

Thanks Lovemydd.

I got the impression from another thread that your DD is thriving this year. It's so wonderful to hear that schools can work out well. smile

She'd be going to a play-based K program so she'd be completely free to explore and investigate on her own. She still has most fun when she is playing and I do believe that's how children learn the most, gifted or otherwise. I think it's a good match as far as philosophy and curriculum go but yes, we have many serious reservations about this school. We're trying to stay low-key so we won't irritate anyone. blush

M
    Mana Offline OP
    OP Offline
    M
    Originally Posted by puffin
    Glad you got the results. It doesn't mean you aren't crazy and/or narcissistic though smile

LOL. You got me there. grin

I admit to being an anxious helicoptering mother at times but I am just anxious about life in general.

M
    Mana Offline OP
    OP Offline
    M
    Originally Posted by deacongirl
    It feels good to get validation that you actually do know your child the best. It sound like you are on the right track for your dd!

deacongirl, I think your wait is almost over too. Our wait was 4 months long and it was really hard to know that they had her scores but we couldn't access them so I know exactly how you feel right now as you wait.

I'm sending positive thoughts your way. I hope you get the answers to some of your questions regarding your DD very soon.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM