Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 210 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 82 of 102 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 101 102
    C
    C
    Originally Posted by ultramarina
    We still use French here. It's funny because neither parent is that good at it anymore.

That is actually a good code...bad French!

C
    C
    Unfortunately for us, we've gone and sent the kids to French immersion, so that option is out. :-(

Good thing they haven't yet hacked into our emails!!

Ohhhh, give it time.

The nice thing about this is that if you ever forget a password (my DH and I are both horrible about this), just ask the child. She always knows.

It was a little embarrassing having to ask one's 10yo what the password was for the tax software the following year, however...

blush

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.
    K
    K
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! I regularly have to ask my 8 yr old for my library card number and parking spot number in a garage.

And another one - he told me a few days ago that the reason he's good at tag is that other kids just "scramble around" but he pictures the angle associated with where another kid is running and then goes there to cut off the kid.

M
    M
    Your 4 year old loses iPad privileges and she does everything she can think of to earn them back because she wants to do Dragon Box apps.

A
    aeh Offline
    A
    Personally, I find it both handy and vastly amusing that I have my kids to turn to for assistance on many things. I still remember driving home one night from some place I had just been to for the first time, and debating whether I should or should not turn at the upcoming intersection, when, from the back seat, I hear the two-year-old pipe up, "Turn left here!" Correctly, of course.

And, HK, your story reminds me of my parents' solution to the tax question, which was to turn the entire tax filing process over to the ten-year-old...

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...
    Been there. DD and DW preceded me on an interstate holiday by a week, and as I was making the trip, I ran into severe traffic. After more than an hour of going nearly nowhere, and needing to know whether I was nearing the incident or needed to find an alternate path, I phoned DW and tried to guide her through her sister's Apple Maps to the traffic view. Ten frustrating minutes of dealing with both DW and her adult sister later, DD came to my rescue by seizing the phone, flipped immediately to the right features, asking, "Where's Dad?", locating my position correctly on the map, and handing it back to DW, who only had left to tell me the location of the incident.

DD turned 5 the following month.

You buy a Roku box and sign up for Netflix and Amazon Prime not for the movies and hit series but for the commercial free and seemingly infinite documentaries to show your 6 year old daughter.

Become what you are
    U
    U
    I regularly have to ask my 8 yr old for my library card number and parking spot number in a garage.

One of DD's jobs when we fly is to remember where we left the car in long-term parking (Red lot, spot 96)

I
    Ivy Offline
    I
    DD has been navigating for me since she was a toddler. Thank goodness she has her father's sense of direction.

Page 82 of 102 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 101 102

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    New, and you'd think I'd have a clue...
    by astronomama - 03/24/24 06:01 AM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    Son 2e, wide discrepancy between CogAT-Terranova
    by astronomama - 03/23/24 07:21 AM