Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    1 members (Val), 215 guests, and 21 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    #211392 02/25/15 03:09 PM
    OP Offline

My DD has torn through my DW's collection from her childhood and one of DD's favorite Christmas presents was a couple of boxes of some from the 70s that we bought on eBay.

She also eagerly awaits the one that her grandmother signed her up for each month via subscription.

This micro obsession with them has made me wonder if there are other kids like this out there and also whether they are mostly boys/girls or if the split is even.

Become what you are
    L
    LLR Offline
    L
    My DD11 has subscriptions to Cricket,Dig, and Odyssey from the same publisher. She reads them as soon as they arrive. When the subscription for Cricket ran out last year, she asked several times for another. Her grandparents bought her the three above when they were running a special for $20 a subscription. It has been a great gift.
    They are very high quality magazines. I am sure we will be renewing.

LLR
    N
    N
    Not my kids so much as me! In an aside, my DMIL got all her grands magazine subscriptions for years: cricket, owl, sports illustrated kids, national geographic kids, etc. But, she had them sent to HER. She would read them (and I know she loved it) then wrote a note to each child, mentioning one of the stories, and then sent it on. Since she lives so far from them, it was a fun way for them all to stay connected.

A
    aeh Online Content
    Online Content
    A
    Originally Posted by NotherBen
    Not my kids so much as me! In an aside, my DMIL got all her grands magazine subscriptions for years: cricket, owl, sports illustrated kids, national geographic kids, etc. But, she had them sent to HER. She would read them (and I know she loved it) then wrote a note to each child, mentioning one of the stories, and then sent it on. Since she lives so far from them, it was a fun way for them all to stay connected.
    What a delightful way for grams to maintain common interests and experiences!

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by indigo - 04/30/24 12:27 AM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM