Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 243 guests, and 17 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    G
    GGG Offline OP
    OP Offline
    G
    He's 20 months now and the clock love is still on, also timers and numbers. I still can't figure out if he likes numbers because he watches his brother or if it's his own. But the clock obsession is in full force. For Christmas, he's getting a wall clock and a learning/toy clock. I learned with my first son to let them love what they love.

T
    T
    My son is getting a pocket watch, and set of thermometer, barometer, and hydrometer (all nice round gold ones) in his stocking.

G
    GGG Offline OP
    OP Offline
    G
    Aw, so cute, Thomas.
    I have this on my list of possible future toys-make your own clock:

http://www.scientificsonline.com/product/make-your-own-clock-kit?gclid=CNOO3fXK2sICFQNk7Aod62IAwA

Last edited by GGG; 12/22/14 03:06 PM.
    Our DS loved to watch this Rock 'N Learn DVD when he was three. He'd stand in front of the television with his (latest, unbroken cheap clock) from the local Walmart and try to dial it to be the time shown on the screen. smile

M
    M
    a little NT boy at our playgroup is obsessed with clocks - it is gorgeous, I think it's perfectly fine and just one of those things. My DS 2 is obsessed with cars, I tried to get him in to more things but this morning he was chasing his rice bubbles around his bowl with the spoon making car noises, yesterday he had my quilting colour wheel racing around the house pretending to be an F1 driver! (very cute btw)

I think if you'd like more insight into the reason behid the obsession you can look at Pagiats (sp?) Schemas. I read quite a bit of this and it helped me accept some of DD's repetitive behaviours as a toddler

A
    aeh Offline
    A
    Originally Posted by Mahagogo5
    a little NT boy at our playgroup is obsessed with clocks - it is gorgeous, I think it's perfectly fine and just one of those things. My DS 2 is obsessed with cars, I tried to get him in to more things but this morning he was chasing his rice bubbles around his bowl with the spoon making car noises, yesterday he had my quilting colour wheel racing around the house pretending to be an F1 driver! (very cute btw)

I think if you'd like more insight into the reason behid the obsession you can look at Pagiats (sp?) Schemas. I read quite a bit of this and it helped me accept some of DD's repetitive behaviours as a toddler
    Piaget

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...
    M
    M
    thankyou!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM