I put in a request for DD9 to be assessed for her focus/organizational issues as well as my concerns with processing speed, written expression, writing fluency, and math fluency.

They want to look at her outside WISC scores (which show a 55+ point gap between processing speed and GAI). They wanted to do the Woodcock Johnson writing cluster and call it done in terms of looking at the learning disability category. I said No, the WJ would be inappropriate because all kids have to do is write a sentence, unless they want to do just the fluency section. I suggested other tests like the TOWL-4, PAL-2, etc. and they didn't know what they are. The school psych told me they don't do neuropsych assessments. They told me they can do the WIAT for written expression, as well as the WJ writing cluster.

I suggested she re-do the WISC processing speed section since it was done almost a year ago, and she agreed but that is apparently all they are going to do for processing issues. They are not going to look at math, reading, etc. The OT will do the Beery VMI and BOT2 and a Handwriting Sample of some sort.

Then there are classroom checklists and observations, parent/teacher interviews/checklists, Organizational/Independent work teacher checklists and observations to address "Adverse Effects" of the health condition (under the OHD section to address her ADHD/focus issues).

Since she was grade accelerated, they want to do a writing sample of the kids who are 1 grade lower, and compare her, since those are her age peers (even though she is going to be older than most of them...she is near the cut-off).

Basically, that's it. Nothing on gross motor (although I don't really have concerns), nothing on reading or math even though I have math fluency concerns. She is excessively slow with math but has a very high conceptual level. Nothing on processing issues other than repeating the WISC processing speed section, which the psych is doing at my request.

DD has already had the Beery VMI and BOT2 done privately and was in the average range or above for everything. My concern with her writing is that she takes 5 times longer to copy things that I would consider "normal", presses down ridiculously hard on the paper, and makes tons of errors, which she then writes over. I'm not sure those tests will address those concerns. Her writing issues are not going to be picked up except on timed tests. and I think most of the sections on the BOT2 are untimed. She writes very neatly when she focuses and takes her time.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?