Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 216 guests, and 18 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    M
    OP Offline
    M
    ah great thanks for the docos - we can't get Netflix without a great deal more tech savvy than I have (maybe an incentive to learn?)

Religion is more of an afterthought - I'm not sure I want to go there at all - just musing as to whether it would be the "right" time to introduce the concept. I don't think I would get too much of a debate from her, she's a bit too dispassionate for that, quite happy to let you win if it means she gets left in peace!

I have no issue with what other people believe, it's such a personal thing and I don't think anyone has any business imposing their own ideas on to anyone so I'm not going to debate the compatibility of science and religion. I like to think that despite what I might think is true, I'm not arrogant enough to believe I know everything!

We live in a very secular town so it really wouldn't come up except for the media - maybe at school, maybe much later...

DD4 asked - what was the earth like the day before anyone was alive - I asked people, she said no, everything. She asked the same question in 10 different ways today. Including where were the rhinos before they existed....

I'm really grateful for the suggestions, the stuff I found on youtube was appalling

M
    M
    You can search out the Discovery video library as well as my personal favourite: BBC World Series by David Attenborough. He has done several and my kids love the DVD series. My favourite goes through the spread of hominid life from Africa, as well as what came before.

Mom to 3 gorgeous boys: Aiden (8), Nathan (7) and Dylan (4)
    Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM