Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 314 guests, and 19 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    S
    OP Offline
    S
    After a rough couple of attempts at preschool (Montessori) we are switching to a nature playgroup for my 3.5 year old and I will teach him at his own self-guided pace at home. I really just wanted him to learn the calendar anyway, I think I can handle that one. I have been trying to find a gifted group of pre-schoolers in my area for museum trips and bird walks and maybe a few "lessons." I figure I have an advantage living in such a populated area, maybe I can find a same-age peer for my son that can ride on the same wave with excitement towards words, animals, nature, and space. All of the groups I can find are for age 6 at the youngest. Anyone out there? Anyone not in the Bay Area have advice for finding a network without announcing to the general public that you believe your child is "gifted?"

Thanks!

K
    K
    Hello there,
    We're Bay Area, but North Bay. My 3 year old daughter is not in preschool yet (refuses to potty train), but I work during the week, so I can't do weekday lessons. However, we might be able to work out a weekend meeting if that appealed to you. Maybe we should talk offline?

My daughter is getting homeschooled by our nanny (who doesn't drive), so if you're interested in swapping ideas for preschool homeschool lessons for gifted kids, let me know!

I'm also very interested in your last question. I've been trying to figure out how to find peers for my daughter, but am very reluctant to use the word "gifted" because of all the assumptions, attitudes, and baggage that entails.

C
    C
    Are you meaning san Francisco bay area? I live in east bay, (in Fremont) too, I have a 3yrs old boy, not sure if he is gifted but want to bring him for museum trips and play time as well. ^^

S
    OP Offline
    S
    Yes San Francisco Bay Area, sorry! I'm encouraged already by these responses. smile weekdays are best for me, but I do have one other person that is interested in a weekend nature group. She has a wonderful 4 year old and we are on the lookout for others to join. I can add you to the list when we send info for that? Let's try to find some more for a weekday museum meet up as well. Thanks!!

G
    GGG Offline
    G
    I'm in Sonoma if anyone wants to meet up, I'd be interested. We could meet in Sausalito at the Bay Area Discovery Museum. I have two DC's 3.5 and 17 mos.

S
    OP Offline
    S
    Yes, I would love to meet up at the discovery museum, we go there often! I also have a 3.5 year old and an 18 month old and live in the east bay.
    Wednesdays are best for me or Saturdays. What is best for you?

M
    M
    Can we please move this conversation to a PM to avoid any privacy issues. Thank you.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM